Smart card for driving licence and registration certificate
Government of India has notified rules for common smart card formats for driving licenses (DL) and vehicle registration certificates (RC) for the entire country, on October 2018. Common smart card format will help to standardize the documents across all states and prepare a centralized digital repository that can also help in checking forgery and duplication
Design of card on the front side would be as shown below.
Design of card on the back side would be as shown below.
The front side of the new smart card provides the following information.
National Emblem Symbol
Driving Licence Number
Date of First Issue
Date of Birth
Card Issue Date
The back side of the new smart card provides the following information.
Invalid Carriage (Registration No.): If applicable,
Driving Licence Number
Chip number (applicable in case of chip based card)
Vehicle class table
Form 7 Rule 16(2)
QR code (As specified by Central Government)
10. Hazardous Validity: if applicable
11. Hill Validity: if applicable
12. Emergency Contact No.
Card Size is 85.6mm x 54.02 mm +/- 2 mm and thickness of minimum 0.7 mm.
PVC / Poly Carbonate card
The option of providing a paper or booklet based driving licence or the registration certificate has been done away with. Now, such certificates can only be provided in two types of cards viz. a PVC based card or a Poly Carbonate one. The enriched specifications are of high standard and would enable durable and quality cards.
For Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC): Glossy surface, Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC) / Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) plastic construction, with overlay to allow colour dye sublimation printing.
For Poly carbonate card: Multi-layered card construction using pure polycarbonate layers, fused (laminated) together with heat and pressure without any kind of glue or adhesive. Card Body material including outer overlay should be capable of personalization through Laser engraving.
The State Governments have been given the option to decide on the type of material of the card to be provided. Further, the optional features of providing a chip based smart card or a contact less features (NFC) has also been provided which the States can prescribe.
A QR code has been prescribed on the cards. This would enable easy linking and access and validation of the information on the cards with the SARATHI or VAHAN database. As the Ministry had recently issued amendments of the Central Motor Vehicles Rules 1989 enabling transport related documents in an Electronic Form, the QR would facilitate the enforcement authorities.
Following security features shall be incorporated in the card:
Ultra Violet fluorescing colour
Hologram below the top layer
In case the States / Union Territories require extra information to be stored, they may use any other additional information storage media or technological media, outside the microprocessor chip embodied in the smart card so long as such media do not conflict with the prescribed smart card or its operation.
The symmetric key infrastructure for both Smart Card based driving license and Registration Certificate have established at the Central level. State level operations are being commenced by Governments of Delhi, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Tripura and West Bengal. Several other States are in various stages of progress on this account.
- ഞാൻ ഒരു കാർ വാങ്ങി.അതിന്റെ ഒറിജിനൽ RC യും papers ഉം വണ്ടി എന്റെ പേരിലേക്ക് മാറ്റാനായി RTO ഓഫീസിൽ കൊടുത്തു . പക്ഷെ എനിക്ക് Rto ഓഫീസിൽ നിന്നും അയച്ചു തന്ന RC യിൽ duplicate എന്ന് രേഖപ്പെടുത്തിയിരിക്കുന്നു .ഞാൻ rto ഓഫീസിൽ അന്നെഷിച്ചപ്പോൾ വണ്ടി ആദ്യം രജിസ്റ്റർ ചെയ്ത rto ഓഫീസിൽ നിന്നും അയച്ചുകൊടുത്ത computer രേഖയിൽ Duplicate എന്ന് രേഖപ്പെടുത്തിയിട്ടുണ്ട് എന്നാണ് പറഞ്ഞത് .ഞാൻ ഒറിജിനൽ RC ആണ് rto ഓഫീസിൽ കൊടുത്തത് .എനിക്ക് ഒറിജിനൽ റസി കിട്ടാൻ എന്താണ് വേണ്ടത് ?
- I sold my 2 wheeler. When i am selecting rto, which rto must i select? Transferor near rto or transferee near rto? And when i paid the payment its showing session expired? Am not able to pay the fee. And i have given the vehicle? And i filled the form but payment failed. Ini ithu ok akunathinidayk vandik nthelm preshnamundayal who is responsible ?
- എന്റെ സ്കൂട്ടർ Ernakulam rto registration ഉള്ളത് അണ്. Finance രണ്ടു വര്ഷം മുൻപ് ക്ലോസ് ചെയ്തു RC book പുറകിൽ hypothecation cancel sticker ഒട്ടിച്ചു തന്നു RTO office നിന്നും, പക്ഷേ RC ബുക്കിന്റെ frontil bank details ഇപ്പോഴും ഉണ്ട്. ഞാൻ ഇപ്പൊൾ വണ്ടി വിറ്റു, name change ചെയ്യുമ്പോൾ bank details തന്നെ മാറുമോ, അതോ hypothecation termination application submit ചെയ്യണോ. RC name change application Ernakulam RTO office submit ചെയ്താൽ മതിയോ അതോ buyer RTO officel sumbit ചെയ്യണോ
- For Transfer of ownership, i paid online and submitted the documents at Seller's RTO. Will it get processed or should i contact RTO again and submit at my RTO?( Buyer RTO)
- When doing ownership transfer through parivahan site 1) Do I need to select rto office near of the buyer or my RTO? 2) After filling and payment, Do we have to attach all documents and put them in the box of the buyer RTO or Seller RTO?
- I want to sell my vehicle. My RTO is Wadakkanchery and buyer's RTO is Malapuram, we both are residing in Ernakulam. we want to do the process online, would like to know after the collection of documents, Shall I send the documents to Malapuram's RTO or Wadakkanchery's RTO?
- I've received NOC from RTO Kottayam but due to lockdown, i haven't submitted the same to Chennai RTO. Chennai RTO was closed for past couple of months and so to get non inclusion certificate for my vehicle did not work out and now the vehicle registration has expired(May 2021) and i am in Kerala. Will i get any relaxation due to lockdown to re-register my vehicle in Kottayam RTO as travelling to Chennai from Kerala in the pandemic doesnt seem like the best option?
- How to start an Aadhaar card franchise or enrollment center ?
- How to update aadhaar card details ?
- Startup India Registration
- How to download Aadhaar card ?
- Aadhaar Card
- Electoral Photo Identity Card
- National Common Mobility Card
- Kisan Credit Card (KCC) Scheme
- One Nation One Ration Card Scheme
- Section 8 Company Registration