Answered on June 13,2018
In order to update your name in Aadhar after marriage, you need to provide the following supporting documents.
- Affidavit executed on non-judicial stamp paper to be submitted by a woman applicant for name change after marriage. (Joint Affidavit to be submitted along with husband with joint photo)
- Marriage Certificate
- Proof of marriage document issued by the Registrar
You can update details in Aadhar by any of the following methods.
- Visit https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
- Enter your Aadhar Number
- An OTP will be send to your registered mobile number. Submit the OTP
- After successful submission, you will be asked to choose the field you need to update among name, gender, DOB, Address, mobile number and email id. Select the field to update. Click on submit button
- Enter updated Name and Address. Click on Modify button,
- Scan and upload the required documents.
In case, if you have not linked mobile number to Aadhaar card, please follow the below steps
- Download Aadhaar update application form at http://tesz.in/ApplicationForm/AadharCorrectionForm.pdf
- Tick mark the field to update.
- Fill in the required details and send the update form to required address as mentioned in the form.
At Enrollment Centre.
You can also update your details by visiting the nearest Aadhaar enrollment centre.
Answered on January 31,2019
For updating address, you can do it both online and offline (visiting Aadhar Service Centre). For updating name, you can only do it in offline mode. So, you have to visit Aadhar service center anyways.
Follow the below steps to update name and address on Aadhar
- Visit your nearest Aadhaar enrollment/update Centre. You can find nearest aadhaar service centre from here.
- Fill the Aadhaar update form to change your name on Aadhar. You can also download Aadhar update form and fill it before reaching the office.
- You have to submit the proof of identity and proof of address document along with the form.
- Enrollment officer takes your biometrics to authenticate your identity
- Officer hands over the acknowledgement slip containing URN to you
- The URN can be used to check the status of aadhar online.
- You have to pay a fee of INR 50/- to the executive
How to download Aadhaar card ?Aadhaar (UID) is a 12 digit unique number which helps you to verify your identity all over the country. Apart from serving the purpose of verification, aadhar also helps individual to open n..
How to update aadhaar card details ?Aadhaar is a 12 digit unique number which helps you to verify your identity all over the country. All the details provided in Aadhaar regarding your identity can be updated. Following detai..
- I request my wife's Aadhaar address update for 19 February 2020. But still not updated.Many times I have checked but it shows as the update in process. I have made an application long time ago but it still didn't get updated. Can I make make new application or will it get updated later? Write Answer
- I tried to update aadhar online. Got URN also. At the end, the payment was not successful. I tried to apply again. It says already exists. How to do the payment to the same URN or how to cancel the URN ? Write Answer
- How can i change my address in aadhar card from one state to another state? Write Answer
- Can I get refund for the deduction of amount when I requested to update address but it got rejected by UIDAI ? Write Answer
- I have enrolleld for aadhar card for my son in 2019. But when l checked status lt shows your enrollment is in process for last two years. What can l do for new enrollment ? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
James Joseph Adhikarathil
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.