Answered on February 12,2019
Proof of Identity (Pol) For Name Correction In Aadhaar Card [Any One]
- PAN Card
- Ration Card
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Photo Bank ATM Card
- Photo Credit Card
- Kissan Photo Passbook
- Freedom Fighter Photo Card
- Pensioner Photo Card
- Arms License
- Government Photo ID Cards
- Photo ID issued by Recognized Educational Institution
- NREGS Job Card
- Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT Governments/Administrations
Answered on January 30,2019
Supported Proof of Identity (PoI) Documents Containing Name and Photo for the Correction in Name
- PAN card.
- Either Ration or PDS Photo card.
- Voter Identification card.
- Driving licence of the applicant.
- Photo identification cards issued by the Government of India.
- Service photo ID cards that is issued by the PSU.
- Job card of NREGS.
- Photo identification that is issued by some Recognised Educational Institution.
- Licence of Arms.
- Photo Bank ATM card.
- Photo Credit card.
- Photo card of the Pensioner.
- Photo card of the Freedom Fighter.
- Photo Passbook of Kisan.
- Photo card of CGHS.
- Certificate of Marriage.
- Document containing proof of marriage of the applicant issued originally by the marriage Registrar.
- Legally approved name change certificate
- ECHS Photo card.
- Residing Address card of the applicant that contains both the name and photo that was originally issued by the Department of Posts.
- Identity Certificate containing the photo of the applicant on a proper letterhead and is issued by either the Gazetted Officer or the Tehsildar.
- Handicapped medical certificate or a disability Identification card.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
Tweet this question to the Government
How to download Aadhaar card ? Aadhaar (UID) is a 12 digit unique number which helps you to verify your identity all over the country. Apart from serving the purpose of verification, aadhar also helps individual to open n..
Click here to get a detailed guide
How to Update Aadhaar Card Details ?Aadhaar is a 12 digit unique number which helps you to verify your identity all over the country. All the details provided in Aadhaar regarding your identity can be updated. Following detai..
Click here to get a detailed guide
- I have changed my Name after marriage on Adhaar card and voter id 6 yrs back without gazette notification. And now I'm trying to fill up gazette certificate of name change but it requires old name adhar card proof? How can I correct this? Write Answer
- I tried to update aadhar online. Got URN also. At the end, the payment was not successful. I tried to apply again. It says already exists. How to do the payment to the same URN or how to cancel the URN ? Write Answer
- How can i change my address in aadhar card from one state to another state? Write Answer
- I have enrolleld for aadhar card for my son in 2019. But when l checked status lt shows your enrollment is in process for last two years. What can l do for new enrollment ? Write Answer
- I have given request online for Change of address by document for my sister's aadhar card details. All processes completed and I got the secret code also by courier. When I am entering the secret code, in address it's coming c/o my sister name and then address, so I don't want to show my sister name in my aadhar address. What is the procedure ? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
A R Ashraf
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.