Answered on October 07,2021
Aadhaar is generated/updated successfully within 90 days if:
1. Quality of enrolment data meets prescribed standards laid down by UIDAI
2. The enrolment packet passes all the validations done in CIDR
3. No Demographic/Biometric duplicate is found
4. No unforeseen technical issues
If any of the above conditions is not satisfied, then Aadhaar generation/update for the resident may be put on hold and Aadhaar Generation/ Update/Rejection may take a longer time
Normally within 10 days of Aadhaar generation/successful update, Aadhaar Letter is printed and handed over to Department of Post for delivery to the residents as per timelines mentioned in the Department of Post Citizen’s Charter
Source: This answer is provided by Aadhaar Sampark Kendra, UIDAI
How to download Aadhaar card ?Aadhaar (UID) is a 12 digit unique number which helps you to verify your identity all over the country. Apart from serving the purpose of verification, aadhar also helps individual to open n..
How to update aadhaar card details ?Aadhaar is a 12 digit unique number which helps you to verify your identity all over the country. All the details provided in Aadhaar regarding your identity can be updated. Following detai..
- If Aadhar card status show your Enrolment is under process, then how many days will it take to show aadhar update is complete? Write Answer
- Can Digilocker account be opened without Aadhar registered mobile? Write Answer
- How to recover my digilocker account as I forgot my password? But whenever I am putting my aadhar no or mobile number in the forgot password option it is showing enter a valid phone no/aadhar no. What to do now? Write Answer
- I want to delete one digilocker account with my mother's mobile number and my Aadhar card number by mistake as I already have another account of my own with my mobile number. How to delete the one with my Aadhar card number and my mother's phone number? Write Answer
- What should I do if I have not any Certificate for actual date of birth for correcting date of birth in Aadhar? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Task Master Gulf
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.