Answered on September 02,2019
If you remember your Aadhar number, you can update your mobile number. With the updated mobile number, you can download the Aadhaar card as well.
Update Mobile Number in Aadhaar
Mobile number update in Aadhaar requires Biometric Authentication, it cannot be done online.
Follow the below steps to change mobile number in Aadhar card.
Visit your nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre. You can find nearest aadhaar service centre from here.
You have to submit any of the proof of identity documents
Fill the Aadhaar update form to change your mobile number on Aadhar. You can also download Aadhar update form and fill it before reaching the office.
Enter only your current mobile number in the form.You need not mention your previous mobile number. You do not have to provide any proof for updating your mobile number.
Enrollment officer takes your biometrics to authenticate your identity
Officer hands over the acknowledgement slip containing URN to you
The URN can be used to check the status of aadhar online.
You have to pay a fee of INR 50/- to the executive
Your mobile number will be updated in Aadhaar within 90 days
For Update of Mobile number/Email ID, the notification will be sent on the given mobile number/email ID.
Download Aadhar Card
Follow the below steps to download aadhaar card by Aadhaar number.
Visit UIDAI website.
Click on "My Aadhaar"
Click on "Download Aadhaar"
Select "Aadhaar Number" below "I have" option.
Enter your 12 digit Aadhar number
Select the “Masked Aadhaar” option if you do not want to show full digits of your Aadhaar number
Enter the captcha
Click on "Send OTP"
You will receive your OTP in the registered mobile number. Enter OTP.
Complete the Survey.
Click on "Verify and Download" to download your Aadhaar card.
How to download Aadhaar card ?Aadhaar (UID) is a 12 digit unique number which helps you to verify your identity all over the country. Apart from serving the purpose of verification, aadhar also helps individual to open n..
How to update aadhaar card details ?Aadhaar is a 12 digit unique number which helps you to verify your identity all over the country. All the details provided in Aadhaar regarding your identity can be updated. Following detai..
- I have changed my Name after marriage on Adhaar card and voter id 6 yrs back without gazette notification. And now I'm trying to fill up gazette certificate of name change but it requires old name adhar card proof? How can I correct this? Write Answer
- I request my wife's Aadhaar address update for 19 February 2020. But still not updated.Many times I have checked but it shows as the update in process. I have made an application long time ago but it still didn't get updated. Can I make make new application or will it get updated later? Write Answer
- I tried to update aadhar online. Got URN also. At the end, the payment was not successful. I tried to apply again. It says already exists. How to do the payment to the same URN or how to cancel the URN ? Write Answer
- How can i change my address in aadhar card from one state to another state? Write Answer
- Can I get refund for the deduction of amount when I requested to update address but it got rejected by UIDAI ? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.