We have to update the name of our daughter(age-9 years) on Aadhaar card. Should we take out our daughter along or can we submit her documents?
You should take your daughter along with you as for every new update biometric is required.It will cost Rs. 25.
Follow the below steps to update name on Aadhar
- Visit your nearest Aadhaar enrollment/update Centre. You can find nearest aadhaar service centre from here.
- Fill the Aadhaar update form to change your name on Aadhar. You can also download Aadhar update form and fill it before reaching the office.
- You have to submit the proof of identity document along with the form.
- Enrollment officer takes your biometrics to authenticate your identity
- Officer hands over the acknowledgement slip containing URN to you
- The URN can be used to check the status of aadhar online.
- You have to pay a fee of INR 50/- to the executive