Answered on June 06,2018
Mobile number provided at the time of Aadhar registration is used only for authentication purpose and that mobile number may not be your number. It can be that of relatives or friends number. The primary purpose of linking aadhar to mobile number is to uniquely identify that you are the legitimate owner of the SIM being used. Linking establishes the identity of a mobile number owner.For this purpose, your biometric is also taken.
- Linking Aadhaar with Mobile Number through OTP
- Call 14546 from your mobile number
- Choose whether you are an Indian or an NRI
- Give your consent to re-verify Aadhaar by pressing 1
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and confirm it by pressing 1
- An OTP is generated and sent to the registered mobile number
- Give consent to your operator to access your name, photo and DOB from UIDAI
- IVR reads out the last 4 digits of your mobile number
- If correct, enter the OTP received
- Press 1 to complete the process
- Linking Aadhaar with mobile number by visiting the store
- Visit your telecom operator’s outlet/store.
- Carry a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar card.
- Provide your mobile number.
- The store executive will send an OTP to the mobile number that has to be linked.
- Provide the OTP to the executive for verification.
- Now provide your fingerprint to the executive.
- You will receive a confirmation SMS from your telecom operator.
- Reply ‘Y’ to complete the e-KYC process.
How to download Aadhaar card ?Aadhaar (UID) is a 12 digit unique number which helps you to verify your identity all over the country. Apart from serving the purpose of verification, aadhar also helps individual to open n..
How to update aadhaar card details ?Aadhaar is a 12 digit unique number which helps you to verify your identity all over the country. All the details provided in Aadhaar regarding your identity can be updated. Following detai..
- I have changed my Name after marriage on Adhaar card and voter id 6 yrs back without gazette notification. And now I'm trying to fill up gazette certificate of name change but it requires old name adhar card proof? How can I correct this? Write Answer
- I request my wife's Aadhaar address update for 19 February 2020. But still not updated.Many times I have checked but it shows as the update in process. I have made an application long time ago but it still didn't get updated. Can I make make new application or will it get updated later? Write Answer
- I tried to update aadhar online. Got URN also. At the end, the payment was not successful. I tried to apply again. It says already exists. How to do the payment to the same URN or how to cancel the URN ? Write Answer
- How can i change my address in aadhar card from one state to another state? Write Answer
- I have enrolleld for aadhar card for my son in 2019. But when l checked status lt shows your enrollment is in process for last two years. What can l do for new enrollment ? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Start Any Business
MIVA Real Estate
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.