How to link my mobile number with Aadhaar card?
Mobile number provided at the time of Aadhar registration is used only for authentication purpose and that mobile number may not be your number. It can be that of relatives or friends number. The primary purpose of linking aadhar to mobile number is to uniquely identify that you are the legitimate owner of the SIM being used. Linking establishes the identity of a mobile number owner.For this purpose, your biometric is also taken.
- Linking Aadhaar with Mobile Number through OTP
- Call 14546 from your mobile number
- Choose whether you are an Indian or an NRI
- Give your consent to re-verify Aadhaar by pressing 1
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and confirm it by pressing 1
- An OTP is generated and sent to the registered mobile number
- Give consent to your operator to access your name, photo and DOB from UIDAI
- IVR reads out the last 4 digits of your mobile number
- If correct, enter the OTP received
- Press 1 to complete the process
- Linking Aadhaar with mobile number by visiting the store
- Visit your telecom operator’s outlet/store.
- Carry a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar card.
- Provide your mobile number.
- The store executive will send an OTP to the mobile number that has to be linked.
- Provide the OTP to the executive for verification.
- Now provide your fingerprint to the executive.
- You will receive a confirmation SMS from your telecom operator.
- Reply ‘Y’ to complete the e-KYC process.