Answered on October 08,2021
Aadhaar is generated/updated successfully within 90 days if:
1. Quality of enrolment data meets prescribed standards laid down by UIDAI
2. The enrolment packet passes all the validations done in CIDR
3. No Demographic/Biometric duplicate is found
4. No unforeseen technical issues
If any of the above conditions is not satisfied, then Aadhaar generation/update for the resident may be put on hold and Aadhaar Generation/ Update/Rejection may take a longer time
Normally within 10 days of Aadhaar generation/successful update, Aadhaar Letter is printed and handed over to Department of Post for delivery to the residents as per timelines mentioned in the Department of Post Citizen’s Charter
Source: This answer is provided by Aadhaar Sampark Kendra, UIDAI
How to download Aadhaar card ?Aadhaar (UID) is a 12 digit unique number which helps you to verify your identity all over the country. Apart from serving the purpose of verification, aadhar also helps individual to open n..
How to update aadhaar card details ?Aadhaar is a 12 digit unique number which helps you to verify your identity all over the country. All the details provided in Aadhaar regarding your identity can be updated. Following detai..
- My adhar address update was incorrectly rejected saying that I have not updated the original scan copy of the address proof. Looks like some incompetent government employee sitting behind the system dictates his own terms here.Do they provide refund? Write Answer
- How to apply for aadhar card online for NRI? Write Answer
- Can NRI apply for aadhaar card from UAE? Write Answer
- Can NRI apply for aadhaar card from Canada? Write Answer
- Can NRI apply for aadhaar card from UK? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
The Nilgiris TV
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.