Answered on December 29,2017
Khata is a legal identification certificate issued by BBMP. The certificate consists of all details of the property including name of the owner, size of the building or plot, location and other important particulars.
For getting building license or trade license, Khata certificate is required. The certificate should be submitted to get loan from banks and financial institutions as well.
Answered on February 02,2018
Khata, when literally translated means account. To put it in simple terms, a Khata is a document that shows a property owner having an account with the Municipality for paying taxes. What makes it important is that it identifies the person liable for paying property tax. The details of a Khata include property owner's name, size of the property, location, built-up area etc. and is essentially required to calculate the tax payable on that property.
You need a Khata to apply for electricity and water connections, as well as for trade and building licenses. It is also required when applying for a bank loan.
Answered on February 01,2018
Khatha of a property comes into existence when that property is recorded in the property register maintained in a Municipality or Corporation. When a property is registered with the Municipality or Corporation, it is assessed to tax, assigned a municipal number and records the person primarily responsible to pay the property tax.
- What is the process to correct if the BDA site number mentioned in katha is wrong? Write Answer
- How to know property details in Andhra Pradesh? Write Answer
- I ma not able to complete the online BBMP khatha transfer process. During Esigning, after entering OTP, Its giving an error that "Your information is not secure and whether you want to continue?" Once i click yes, it taking us to login page again. I tried in different computer, different Browsers, Mobile but issue still persists. What to do? Write Answer
- How do I collect the Hadbast statement from nadkacheri office hargur hobli? Write Answer
- My son and I have 30X40 feet site each adjacent to each other with two Khatnas. Can we apply for the approval of one Building Plan as we want to construct only one building on both sites together combinedly on 60x40 site ? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.