Answered on March 03,2018
In order to Link Aadhaar with PAN, ideally your demographic details (i.e. Name, Gender and Date of Birth) should match in both the documents.
In case of any minor mismatch in Aadhaar Name provided by taxpayer when compared to the actual data in Aadhaar, One Time Password (Aadhaar OTP) will be sent to the mobile registered with Aadhaar. Taxpayers should ensure that the date of birth and gender in PAN and Aadhaar are exactly same.
In a rare case where Aadhaar name is completely different from name in PAN, then the linking will fail and taxpayer will be prompted to change the name in either Aadhaar or in PAN database.
For PAN data update related queries you may visit: https://www.utiitsl.com.
For Aadhaar update related information you may visit UIDAI official website: www.uidai.gov.in
In-case linking problem still persists you are requested to visit Income Tax official website or call IT department helpline.
Answered on January 31,2019
If you want to update your name on Aadhar, follow the below steps.
- Visit your nearest Aadhaar enrollment/update Centre. You can find nearest aadhaar service centre from here.
- Fill the Aadhaar update form to change your name on Aadhar. You can also download Aadhar update form and fill it before reaching the office.
- You have to submit the proof of identity document along with the form.
- Enrollment officer takes your biometrics to authenticate your identity
- Officer hands over the acknowledgement slip containing URN to you
- The URN can be used to check the status of aadhar online.
- You have to pay a fee of INR 50/- to the executive
How to download Aadhaar card ?Aadhaar (UID) is a 12 digit unique number which helps you to verify your identity all over the country. Apart from serving the purpose of verification, aadhar also helps individual to open n..
How to update aadhaar card details ?Aadhaar is a 12 digit unique number which helps you to verify your identity all over the country. All the details provided in Aadhaar regarding your identity can be updated. Following detai..
- How can I open online bank account without pan card Write Answer
- For my ner car registration with RTO, there's adhaar authentication. After getting OTP when entering OTP, it is giving error unable to get owner details from adhaar service. As per show room agent I updated adhaar biometric, but still getting same issue. What to do now ? Write Answer
- My Aadhar card is lost and mobile number registered with Aadhar is not in possession by me now and also my biometrics are not working on Aadhar. How can I update my Aadhar mobile number without biometrics and where ? Write Answer
- Is there any chance name change in aadhar for 3rd time? Write Answer
- Someone unknown person’s aadhar card is linked to my digilocker account. What to do? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
James Joseph Adhikarathil
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.