Answered on February 07,2019
Driving license expires after 20 years from the date of issue. You must renew your driving license before it expires.
Driving license Renewal Application and Charges
An application for renewal can be submitted not more than one month before the date of expiry of the licence.
- If the application for renewal is made previous to but not more than 30 days after the date of expiry of the licence, the renewal will be made with effect from the date of its expiry.
- If the application is made more than 30 days after the date of expiry of the licence, the renewal will be made with effect from the date of receipt of proper application. In such cases a fee of Rs. 30/- will be charged.
- If the application is late for more than five years after the date of expiry of the licence, the applicant should undergo all the formalities to obtain a fresh licence.
Documents Required for Driving License renewal
- Existing Driving Licence
- Form - 9 (Form of Application for the Renewal of Driving Licence)
- Form - 1 (Self-declaration as to the physical fitness for Non-Transport Vehicles)
Form - 1A (Medical Certificate for Transport Vehicles only)
Apply for Driving License renewal
- If you are applying for DL renewal from the RTO where you have obtained your original license, then you need only the above set of documents to apply it.
- If you are applying for DL renewal from the RTO outside your State, then you need to obtain NOC from the RTO where you have received your original RTO, in addition to the above set of documents to apply it.
- Where in Bangalore do I apply for LTT refund? Is it the respective reg. Office or central office. Please cite an ex. ka 01 Write Answer
- What is the penalty on the lapse in renewal of registration in Bangalore? It has been 5 years from the expire date fo registration. What would be the total fine in Bangalore ? Write Answer
- How can i transfer my 2 wheeler rc after selling my bike. Its rc is from rajahmundry, I am selling it in kurnool, what's the process? Write Answer
- Can any agent help in getting duplicate license issued in tolichowki Hyderabad as my license photo defaced and damaged? I'm based in Delhi now can't travel.Can this be done without my presence? Write Answer
- In gujarat rto, i applied for both mcwg and lmv. But gave the test of mcwg only. Will i get license of mcwg? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Task Master Gulf
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.