Answered on December 27,2017
NOC is a No Objection Certificate issued from the regional RTO for re-registration of a vehicle from one state to another. An NOC certifies that there are no dues of tax on the vehicle. If you are travelling to another state for less than three months and planning to take your vehicle with you, you are not required to obtain an NOC. As per the regulations, you are required to apply for a change of address and re-registration when you are going to another state for over a year. The application for change of address and re-registration needs an NOC from the local R.T.O where you got your vehicle registered.
Answered on February 12,2019
Steps to obtain NOC is represented in infographics here.
- I have taken NOC from Pune RTO for Noida registration in 2016, but due to some issue NOC was not accepted by Noida RTO. But they mentioned that NOC was not used. Now don't want NOC for any other state. So is it necessary to cancel the NOC? Is my vehicle still registered with Pune RTO? Do I have to re-register my vehicle? What will be the cost if so?
- I have a Honda Brio Car registered in Indira Nagar RTO in Bangalore in 2013. I have recently shifted to Pune with my car. I have few questions (1) How do I get getting NOC certificate from Bangalore RTO being in Pune ? Any recommended agents/services ? (2) How long this NOC certificate is valid for ? (3) Do I have to change my car registration number in Maharashtra after getting NOC ? (4) In case if I want to driver my Bangalore registered car in Pune for approx. 2 to 3 years, should I change my car to Maharashtra number ? (5) What if I don't want to change my car number and if I obtain NOC ? Can I driver with NOC for 3 years ? (6) If NOC is not valid for 2 years, can I pay road tax in Pune and keep my car number as is ? (7) How do I get road tax refund from Bangalore RTO ?
- After receiving the NOC from Bengaluru for moving the vehicle to Chennai for reregistration and name transfer, it is noticed that that the chassis number is stated wrongly in the RC smart card and NOC as well as in the original RC book issued in 2005. Can the vehicle be registered in Chennai based on correct chassis number stated in the original invoice of the car and Chassis pencil print and physical verification by Chennai RTO? Or is the rectification in NOC to be done by Bengaluru RTO? Does it involve issue of non utilisation certificate by Chennai RTO and payment of road tax in Chennai for the same?
- I got the NOC from Pune, Maharashtra and moved to Hyderabad, Telangana. I haven't re-registered my vehicle in six months in Hyderabad. So by default, that NOC is not valid now. And now, I'm transferring back to Mumbai, Maharashtra. So now what procedure do I need to follow?. Shall I get the NOC canceled from Pune RTO and keep it registered in Pune itself or should I re-register my vehicle in Mumbai RTO?
- I moved from Pune to Hyderabad and took NOC from Pune RTO, and in six months (before NOC Expired) moved to Mumbai. So I took Non Utilization Certificate of NOC from Hyderabad RTO. As I'm in Maharashtra now, do i need to register my vehicle in Pune RTO or should I register it in Mumbai RTO. Is the process to re-register in both the cities of Maharashtra will be same ?
- NOC issued from Bangalore RTO for my scooter got rejected by RTO in Kerala on account of the wrong address mentioned in NOC. Kerala RTO has not shared the NOC document yet to me. I am now having a scooter, which is not registered both in Karnataka and Kerala. RC status is NOC issued. How to get it back to active ( either in Karnataka or Kerala)?
- Can I ride my TN registered bike in Karnataka without an NOC. If I do not wish to re-register, am I eligible to ride my bike without NOC?. Is there any other documents required to ride it in Karnataka? Does traffic police have the right to ask for the NOC? What is the fine amount if I ride without an NOC (if at all it is an offence) I heard from traffic police that the fine can be paid only in court. And vehicle should be got from there only. Is that true?