I want to change my wife's surname in Aadhaar. What is the process ?
You have to visit nearest Aadhar Enrollment Centre with supporting documents like her Aadhar card and address proof along with marriage certificate as well where her new name is noted. Please take your identity proof as well.
Follow the below steps to update name on Aadhar
- Visit your nearest Aadhaar enrollment/update Centre. You can find nearest aadhaar service centre from here.
- Fill the Aadhaar update form to change your name on Aadhar. You can also download Aadhar update form and fill it before reaching the office.
- You have to submit the proof of identity document along with the form.
- Enrollment officer takes your biometrics to authenticate your identity
- Officer hands over the acknowledgement slip containing URN to you
- The URN can be used to check the status of aadhar online.
- You have to pay a fee of INR 50/- to the executive