Answered on July 03,2018
As you have lost your registered mobile number, you cannot update your number in Aadhaar through online. This is because, when you try to update your mobile number through online, an OTP will be send to your registered number, which you have already lost.
So you need to update the number in Aadhar by visiting the nearest Aadhaar enrollment centre. You will be asked to fill a form like this.
Earlier, there used to be a check box to indicate that Phone number is to be updated. Recent versions have removed it. Once you fill this form, ask the Data Entry Operator to only modify the telephone number. Operator will verify your biometric details before updating the new number.
It will take around 7 days to reflect the change.
Answered on January 30,2019
Even if you lost your mobile number, you can update Aadhar with new number. Mobile number update in Aadhaar requires Biometric Authentication, it cannot be done online.
For updating mobile number, you need to visit the nearest Aadhar Service Centre.
- Visit your nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre. You can find nearest aadhaar service centre from here.
- Fill the Aadhaar update form to change your mobile number on Aadhar. You can also download Aadhar update form and fill it before reaching the office.
- Enter only your current mobile number in the form.You need not mention your previous mobile number. You do not have to provide any proof for updating your mobile number.
- Enrollment officer takes your biometrics to authenticate your identity
- Officer hands over the acknowledgement slip containing URN to you
- The URN can be used to check the status of aadhar online.
- You have to pay a fee of INR 50/- to the executive
- Your mobile number will be updated in Aadhaar within 90 days
- For Update of Mobile number/Email ID, the notification will be sent on the given mobile number/email ID.