Answered on August 23,2019
Application for duplicate RC can be given only by registered owner. On behalf of him, it can not be done. Ownership can not be changed without original RC. Its mandatory.
Answered on August 23,2019
If the owner is dead, you can apply for a duplicate RC.
First, obtain the following certificates.
- Death certificate of the owner
- Legal heir certificate
If there are multiple legal heirs, one of the legal heirs should apply for duplicate RC and also for transfer of ownership.
Other than the applicant all the legal heirs should certify before the notary public, that they have no objection for transfer of ownership and also for issuing a duplicate certificate.
Now you should apply in Form 26 (APPLICATION FOR THE ISSUE OF DUPLICATE CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION) and in Form 31 (APPLICATION FOR TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP IN THE NAME OF THE PERSON SUCCEEDING TO THE POSSESSION OF THE VEHICLE)
Produce the vehicle before the motor vehicles inspector, and submit the forms. It will be done in a week’s time . Please enclose , valid insurance and pollution certificate also.
- I am a permanent resident of Chhattisgarh, all my documents and my bike documents are of Chhattisgarh. Now I have to move to Bangalore, do I need to re-register my bike there after 11 months? Write Answer
- I want to transfer my car registration to Bangalore RTO. I have applied for No Objection Certificate (NOC) online in May and sent all the required documents to Raja garden RTO.It is showing application status as "On Hold" with the remarks that documents are not received. There is no information provided related to which document is missing. How can we obtain NOC from RTO? Write Answer
- How the Road Tax is calculated in Uttar Pradesh of a old vehicle transferred from another state? On which price (original price or the price of current date´s showroom price)? Write Answer
- Can any agent help in getting duplicate license issued in tolichowki Hyderabad as my license photo defaced and damaged? I'm based in Delhi now can't travel.Can this be done without my presence? Write Answer
- I bought a second hand car in Delhi. Need to re-register in Bangalore. How do I calculate how much do I need to pay? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Molleti Ramesh Babu
PGN Property Management
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.