How to get a duplicate RC book/card?
You might require a duplicate RC card if you have lost your RC card or when your RC card gets damaged/spoiled. In case, you have lost your RC card, please follow the below steps to get a duplicate RC book.
- Get a notarized affidavit on a 20 rupees stamp paper stating that you have lost your RC card
- File an FIR in the jurisdiction of station where you lost your RC card. You will get a challan mentioning “RC Card Lost”
- Download Form 26 and fill all the required information. Affix a passport size photo in it as well.
- If you have loan pending in your vehicle, then you must obtain the signature from the financier in Form 26
- Get a self-addressed envelope with phone number, and vehicle number on it. Affix a stamp of required worth on it as per the distance between RTO office and the place of delivery of new RC book/card.
- Submit the following documents to Superintendent at RTO where your vehicle is registered
- Filled up Form 26
- Self-addressed envelope
- Original notarized affidavit
- FIR in case of loss of R.C.
- Insurance Certificate
- No objection certificate from Bank, if the vehicle is still under loan
- Pollution under Control Certificate
- Copy of your ID card
- After verification, Superintendent will sign the document and direct you to another officer.
- This officer will verify your id and sign on Form – 26. Carry the originals of ID with you for verification.
- Pay the required fee at the payment counter at RT office.
- Visit the Superintendent again with payment receipt so that he can verify and sign it.
- You will get an acknowledgement number which can be used to track the status of your request.
You will get it within 30 days.
RTO works - Recently Asked Questions
I am from Maharashtra, currently living in Goa.I want to buy 2nd hand vehicle which is Goa state registered. I only have lease agreement of flat as address proof. But RTO is asking for election card as a proof. So what shall i do to transfer ownership of vehicle on my name?
I have bought 2014 model Ford EcoSport three days back and is planning to go to Bengaluru. I have transferred car to my name. How much tax I need to deposit for invoice amount 738389.43 . Also, How the refund will be provided to the person from whom I have bought ?
I want to move my i20 car from Noida to Bangalore, for how long can I drive my car in Bangalore without obtaining NOC from Noida RTO, and without paying Karnataka road-tax and without changing number? Is it possible/advisable to not get the NOC? Also, will I be able to drive it to nearby states in Tamilnadu and Kerala?
I have a swift LDI 2008 registered in Delhi. I purchased it in 2017 year based on an affidavit and got NOC issued from RTO Delhi for RTO in Alwar(Rajasthan). Somehow I couldn't get it re-registered at Jaipur RTO. Till date the ownership is not in my name. Now is there any way to get the ownership transferred to my name in Delhi or Alwar. I have insurance, RC, Affidavit, Pollution & NOC. Pls suggest some way.