How to get a duplicate RC book/card?
You might require a duplicate RC card if you have lost your RC card or when your RC card gets damaged/spoiled. In case, you have lost your RC card, please follow the below steps to get a duplicate RC book.
- Get a notarized affidavit on a 20 rupees stamp paper stating that you have lost your RC card
- File an FIR in the jurisdiction of station where you lost your RC card. You will get a challan mentioning “RC Card Lost”
- Download Form 26 and fill all the required information. Affix a passport size photo in it as well.
- If you have loan pending in your vehicle, then you must obtain the signature from the financier in Form 26
- Get a self-addressed envelope with phone number, and vehicle number on it. Affix a stamp of required worth on it as per the distance between RTO office and the place of delivery of new RC book/card.
- Submit the following documents to Superintendent at RTO where your vehicle is registered
- Filled up Form 26
- Self-addressed envelope
- Original notarized affidavit
- FIR in case of loss of R.C.
- Insurance Certificate
- No objection certificate from Bank, if the vehicle is still under loan
- Pollution under Control Certificate
- Copy of your ID card
- After verification, Superintendent will sign the document and direct you to another officer.
- This officer will verify your id and sign on Form – 26. Carry the originals of ID with you for verification.
- Pay the required fee at the payment counter at RT office.
- Visit the Superintendent again with payment receipt so that he can verify and sign it.
- You will get an acknowledgement number which can be used to track the status of your request.
You will get it within 30 days.