How to get a duplicate RC book/card?
You might require a duplicate RC card if you have lost your RC card or when your RC card gets damaged/spoiled. In case, you have lost your RC card, please follow the below steps to get a duplicate RC book.
- Get a notarized affidavit on a 20 rupees stamp paper stating that you have lost your RC card
- File an FIR in the jurisdiction of station where you lost your RC card. You will get a challan mentioning “RC Card Lost”
- Download Form 26 and fill all the required information. Affix a passport size photo in it as well.
- If you have loan pending in your vehicle, then you must obtain the signature from the financier in Form 26
- Get a self-addressed envelope with phone number, and vehicle number on it. Affix a stamp of required worth on it as per the distance between RTO office and the place of delivery of new RC book/card.
- Submit the following documents to Superintendent at RTO where your vehicle is registered
- Filled up Form 26
- Self-addressed envelope
- Original notarized affidavit
- FIR in case of loss of R.C.
- Insurance Certificate
- No objection certificate from Bank, if the vehicle is still under loan
- Pollution under Control Certificate
- Copy of your ID card
- After verification, Superintendent will sign the document and direct you to another officer.
- This officer will verify your id and sign on Form – 26. Carry the originals of ID with you for verification.
- Pay the required fee at the payment counter at RT office.
- Visit the Superintendent again with payment receipt so that he can verify and sign it.
- You will get an acknowledgement number which can be used to track the status of your request.
You will get it within 30 days.
RTO works - Recently Asked Questions
I am planning to bring my car in Bangalore. My car is having Jharkhand registered number (JH01). I don't want to re-register my car here as I will keep my car here for maximum of 3 years. What is the procedure to get my car here in Bangalore without going for registration. I spoke to RTO in my native and they told once NOC is issued against the car then it will be difficult to bring it back to Jharkhand. Is paying only road tax in Bangalore serve my purpose without being penalised by the traffic police in case they check my documents if caught? Is it possible to pay the road tax on yearly basis in Bangalore? It will be helpful if anyone can share me the complete procedure for car movement.
I have taken NOC from Pune RTO for Noida registration in 2016, but due to some issue NOC was not accepted by Noida RTO. But they mentioned that NOC was not used. Now don't want NOC for any other state. So is it necessary to cancel the NOC? Is my vehicle still registered with Pune RTO? Do I have to re-register my vehicle? What will be the cost if so?