Answered on September 14,2020
Please check this video.
Answered on July 02,2018
You might require a duplicate RC card if you have lost your RC card or when your RC card gets damaged/spoiled. In case, you have lost your RC card, please follow the below steps to get a duplicate RC book.
- Get a notarized affidavit on a 20 rupees stamp paper stating that you have lost your RC card
- File an FIR in the jurisdiction of station where you lost your RC card. You will get a challan mentioning “RC Card Lost”
- Download Form 26 and fill all the required information. Affix a passport size photo in it as well.
- If you have loan pending in your vehicle, then you must obtain the signature from the financier in Form 26
- Get a self-addressed envelope with phone number, and vehicle number on it. Affix a stamp of required worth on it as per the distance between RTO office and the place of delivery of new RC book/card.
- Submit the following documents to Superintendent at RTO where your vehicle is registered
- Filled up Form 26
- Self-addressed envelope
- Original notarized affidavit
- FIR in case of loss of R.C.
- Insurance Certificate
- No objection certificate from Bank, if the vehicle is still under loan
- Pollution under Control Certificate
- Copy of your ID card
- After verification, Superintendent will sign the document and direct you to another officer.
- This officer will verify your id and sign on Form – 26. Carry the originals of ID with you for verification.
- Pay the required fee at the payment counter at RT office.
- Visit the Superintendent again with payment receipt so that he can verify and sign it.
- You will get an acknowledgement number which can be used to track the status of your request.
You will get it within 30 days.
- I bought a second hand car in Delhi. Need to re-register in Bangalore. How do I calculate how much do I need to pay? Write Answer
- How long does it take for RTO Bangalore to issue Non Utilization certificate for Cancellation of NOC? Write Answer
- I'm planning to shift from Delhi to Bangalore and taking my Ola S1 pro scooter with me. Do I have to re-register the scooter or will just paying road tax suffice? If so, how much would be the amount that I'll have to pay in either of the two cases? Write Answer
- What would be the road tax payable in karnataka for a 2012 model Delhi registered vehicle? Write Answer
- How much amount I have to pay if I have to change AP Registration honda activa to Karnataka registration? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.