Answered on June 12,2018
You can link your gmail account to Aadhaar card online only if you have registered your mobile number with Aadhar card.
- Visit https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
- Enter your Aadhar Number
- An OTP will be send to your registered mobile number. Submit the OTP
- After successful submission, you will be asked to choose the field you need to update. Select Email ID. Click on submit button
- Enter your Email ID to be linked. Click on Proceed button if you have not provided email id earlier. Else, click on Modify button, if you have provided email id earlier.
- Email Id will be linked to gmail account in 3-4 business days.
In case, if you have not linked mobile number to Aadhaar card, please follow the below steps
- Download Aadhaar update application form at http://tesz.in/Applica..
- Tick mark the field to update.
- Fill in the required details and send the update form to required address as mentioned in the form.
Answered on July 13,2020
In order to add email in Aadhaar, you need to provide your Biometric Authentication.
Visit your nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre. You can find nearest aadhaar service centre from here.
Fill the Aadhaar update form to change your email on Aadhar. You can also download Aadhar update form and fill it before reaching the office.
Enter your email id.
Enrollment officer takes your biometrics to authenticate your identity
Officer hands over the acknowledgement slip containing URN to you
The URN can be used to check the status of aadhar online.
You have to pay a fee of INR 50/- to the executive
Your email id will be updated in Aadhaar within 90 days
For Update of Mobile number/Email ID, the notification will be sent on the given mobile number/email ID.
How to download Aadhaar card ?Aadhaar (UID) is a 12 digit unique number which helps you to verify your identity all over the country. Apart from serving the purpose of verification, aadhar also helps individual to open n..
How to update aadhaar card details ?Aadhaar is a 12 digit unique number which helps you to verify your identity all over the country. All the details provided in Aadhaar regarding your identity can be updated. Following detai..
- I have changed my Name after marriage on Adhaar card and voter id 6 yrs back without gazette notification. And now I'm trying to fill up gazette certificate of name change but it requires old name adhar card proof? How can I correct this? Write Answer
- How to delete my digilocker account? At first I created one account but later I opened another account and I want to delete one account which is linked with aadhar. Write Answer
- What is the process to cancel the Aadhar Card of a person who dies ? Write Answer
- How can I unlink my mobile number from digilocker as i don't remember my security pin? Write Answer
- I filled the passport application with my full name but my Aadhaar card, PAN card, and voter ID has my first name. Is that a problem in getting my passport? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.