Why should I cancel an NOC?
NOC is obtained when you want to re-register your vehicle in a new state. When you obtain an NOC from the RTO where your vehicle is registered, it means that vehicle doesn’t belong to that RTO anymore. As NOC is valid only for 6 months, you need to transfer the vehicle to new state and get it re-registered there.
However, if you have not moved to new state within 6 months, you need to cancel the NOC. This is because you would be able to sell your vehicle or transfer your vehicle to another state, only after cancelling the NOC. Also, as per the RTO records of your home state, your vehicle is in migrated state.
NOC cancellation is a 4 step process.
- Apply for Non-utilization certificate of NOC from the migrated state. Documents required for the same are listed below.
- A letter requesting Non-utilization certificate
- Original RC book
- Valid Insurance copy
- PUC certificate copy
- Affidavit stating that you have not registered vehicle in new state and no illegal work done using that vehicle
- Police verification certificate from the police commissioner office of the migrated state
- Original NOC documents
- ID proof
- Pay the road tax in the migrated state
- Once you have paid the road tax, you will get the Non-utilization certificate of NOC within a week. After obtaining the Non utilization certificate, proceed to the RTO where your vehicle is registered and submit the same documents as mentioned above along with Non-Utilization certificate that you got from the migrated state.
- You also need to submit an affidavit stating that you have not registered your vehicle in migrated state.