When do I need to get NOC for my vehicle ?
NOC is required
- When you want to obtain a new registration mark in migrated state. However, if you don’t intend to change the registration number of your vehicle, then you can pay the road tax in the migrated state and ride it there without taking an NOC from RTO where your vehicle is registered.Road Tax is calculated based on the price of vehicle and also on the age of vehicle. Life time of vehicle is assumed to be 15 years, so older your vehicle, lesser LTT you need to pay. If LTT is less than INR 3000, you can pay it directly at the RTO office. Otherwise, a demand draft needs to be drawn in favour of the “Regional Transport Officer”.
- When you transfer the ownership of vehicle to another person. NOC is required in this case to check whether vehicle is involved in any incident. Name of new owner needs to be recorded in the certificate of Registration.
An NOC is valid only for 6 months. So you need to get reregistration of vehicle or transfer the ownership of vehicle with in this period. Following documents are required for NOC of vehicles.
- Registration certificate
- Insurance certificate
- Pollution Under Control certificate
- Consent of Financier on CMV form 28 (if the vehicle is covered by Hypothecation, HPA or a lease agreement)
- Permit and fitness certificate (applicable for commercial vehicles)
- Pencil print of the chassis number for the CMV 28 form
- Photo identity and address proof
RTO works - Recently Asked Questions
If I bring my vehicle to Bangalore on 5/08/19 and I take back it to my home state on 12/12/2019 and again I bring my vehicle after some days and my vehicle keep on roaming here and there, then should I have to pay road tax or not ?
I have a vehicle which was registered in Karanataka, I moved to Gujarat for 2.5 years & re-register the vehicle there. Now I came back to Karnataka and want to re-register it in Karnataka. I have the road tax pay slip already. What should I do ?