Answered on August 19,2019
Follow the below steps to get hypothecation removed from your vehicle
1. Get the following documents from bank or financial institution which has provided you loan for buying the vehicle.
Get NOC stating that you have paid back the entire loan amount. This NOC is valid for a period of 45–60 days. So you have to apply for removal of hypothecation within same period.
Get Form 35 stating that your hypothecation agreement with bank can be terminated.
Get 3 copies of these document—one each for RTO, vehicle owner and insurance company.
2. Gather the following documents
Original Registration certificate
Copy of Driving License
Copy of Insurance policy
Copy of PUC
Copy of Owner’s Aadhaar card
At some RTOs, you will need to provide self-addressed envelope with phone number, and vehicle number on it. Affix a stamp of required worth on it as per the distance between RTO office and the place of delivery of new RC book/card.
3. Visit the RTO where you registered your vehicle with the documents mentioned above.
Find out the officer, who will enter all your details in to the RTO computer system
Another officer will approve the details. Visit this officer and provide your documents for approval
Pay the hypothecation cancellation fee at the hypothecation counterd. Submit all the documents along with the payment receipt to officer who approved your document. Officer will give you a receipt.After this step, officer will ask you to come on a specified date to collect new RC card/book. At some States, the new RC card/book will be posted to your address as per the address provided in the self-addressed envelope mentioned above.
- What is the penalty on the lapse in renewal of registration in Bangalore? It has been 5 years from the expire date fo registration. What would be the total fine in Bangalore ? Write Answer
- I have taken NOC from Chennai RTO to Bangalore RTO in 2015. However the NOC was not utilised and I lost all the original documents like RC, road tax payment receipt, NOC copy etc. What options do i have? Write Answer
- I am planning to move to Bangalore from Hyderabad for a period of 6 months. I have a 2 wheeler. Do I need to pay road tax? Write Answer
- How much does it cost to change Delhi registered vehicle to KR Puram RTO? Write Answer
- My car purchased in 2012 before bifurcation in Hyderabad. Now vehicle was shifted to AP. Can I get NOC online? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.