Answered on January 27,2020
One Nation One Road Tax is a proposal from the GST council to make uniform road tax across India. Road tax is paid during the registration of a vehicle in a particular state. It is levied along with the goods and services tax (GST) and directly impacts the price of a new vehicle.
Currently, Road Tax rates vary based on the States. For instance, in Delhi, the road tax is calculated based on the make, model, engine and seating capacity of a vehicle. For four-wheelers, less than 1,000 kg, the tax is more than INR 3,800. However, in Arunachal Pradesh, it is calculated on the basis of the sale price of a four-wheeler, which is 2.5% or INR 6,250 for a vehicle costing INR 2.5 lakh, and 6.5% or INR 1.3 lakh for a car costing over INR 20 lakh.
One Nation One Road Tax brings one rate of road tax all over India.For all personal vehicles, the tax would be 8% for a vehicle costing under INR 10 lakh, 10% for a vehicle costing between INR 10 lakh and INR 20 lakh and 12% for a vehicle costing more over INR 20 lakh.
- What is the penalty on the lapse in renewal of registration in Bangalore? It has been 5 years from the expire date fo registration. What would be the total fine in Bangalore ? Write Answer
- How can i transfer my 2 wheeler rc after selling my bike. Its rc is from rajahmundry, I am selling it in kurnool, what's the process? Write Answer
- Can any agent help in getting duplicate license issued in tolichowki Hyderabad as my license photo defaced and damaged? I'm based in Delhi now can't travel.Can this be done without my presence? Write Answer
- In gujarat rto, i applied for both mcwg and lmv. But gave the test of mcwg only. Will i get license of mcwg? Write Answer
- My LMV license taken from Karunagappaly and I renewed at kayamkulam 2 times. When I am trying to renew my license site shows de-duplication and asking to contact rto. What to do? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.