Answered on January 27,2020
One Nation One Road Tax is a proposal from the GST council to make uniform road tax across India. Road tax is paid during the registration of a vehicle in a particular state. It is levied along with the goods and services tax (GST) and directly impacts the price of a new vehicle.
Currently, Road Tax rates vary based on the States. For instance, in Delhi, the road tax is calculated based on the make, model, engine and seating capacity of a vehicle. For four-wheelers, less than 1,000 kg, the tax is more than INR 3,800. However, in Arunachal Pradesh, it is calculated on the basis of the sale price of a four-wheeler, which is 2.5% or INR 6,250 for a vehicle costing INR 2.5 lakh, and 6.5% or INR 1.3 lakh for a car costing over INR 20 lakh.
One Nation One Road Tax brings one rate of road tax all over India.For all personal vehicles, the tax would be 8% for a vehicle costing under INR 10 lakh, 10% for a vehicle costing between INR 10 lakh and INR 20 lakh and 12% for a vehicle costing more over INR 20 lakh.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
Sarthi Parivahan Sewa 2023- Driving License, Vehicle InformationThe Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) has been instrumental in automating more than 1300 Road Transport Offices (RTOs) nationwide. These RTOs issue essential documents, inclu..
Click here to get a detailed guide
- ഡ്രൈവിംഗ് ടെസ്റ്റ് കഴിഞ്ഞ് എത്ര ദിവസം കൊണ്ട് മെസ്സേജ് വരും? Write Answer
- What is the penalty on the lapse in renewal of registration in Bangalore this year? Write Answer
- Need help in getting NOC for car registered in Khairatabad for my friend who is in Chennai. Is it poosible to get without the car owner's presence? Write Answer
- I have bike owned by my brother who moved to USA and parked it at my place. It has been a long time like almost 10 years now and the vehicle is still not transferred. I have all docs like NOC from old RTO etc and now he want to sell the vehicle. Can we have the vehicle registration done for Delhi now and if yes what process and charges will be involved. Write Answer
- Do I need to obtain an RC extract or a state transfer certificate for my bike with a capacity above 300cc that I brought to Maharashtra six months ago? If so, what will be the amount of road tax that I need to pay in Maharashtra? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
PGN Property Management
See more contributors
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.