Answered on May 27,2018
Non utilization certificate is an official statement from the RTO stating that your vehicle is not re-registered in that state.
For example, if you want to transfer your vehicle to a new state and get it reregistered there, you need to obtain an NOC from the RTO where your vehicle is registered. When you obtain an NOC from the RTO where your vehicle is registered, it means that vehicle doesn’t belong to that RTO anymore. As NOC is valid only for 6 months, you need to reregister the vehicle in new state within that period. However, later, if you planned not to reregister the vehicle, you need to cancel the NOC. Cancelling NOC is required because in future, if you want to sell the vehicle you need to go to RTO in migrated state to obtain NOC for ownership transfer.
For cancelling the NOC, you need to obtain Non Utilization Certificate from RTO in the migrated state stating that your vehicle is not registered there. Documents required for the same are listed below.
- A letter requesting Non-utilization certificate
- Original RC book
- Valid Insurance copy
- PUC certificate copy
- Affidavit stating that you have not registered vehicle in new state and no illegal work was done using that vehicle
- Police verification certificate from the police commissioner office of the migrated state
- Original NOC documents
- ID proof
- How to get a duplicate RC book/card?
- How to cancel RC (Registration Certificate) ?
- I have taken NOC for my bike from Cochin RTO in 2016. But I have not re-registered my vehicle to another state. So what is the current status of my vehicle? And what is way forward if I want to register my bike to my hometown (the same place about which I got NOC earlier)?
- I have re-registered my vehicle recently in another state. The Vahan database still shows the registration date as the one when the vehicle is registered and not the re-registration date. Is this okay?
- How can you removed blacklisted remark on vehicle from Parivahan website ?
- When to convert old book form driving license to card form ?
- Is it necessary to convert book form driving License to Card form ?