Answered on May 27,2018
Non utilization certificate is an official statement from the RTO stating that your vehicle is not re-registered in that state.
For example, if you want to transfer your vehicle to a new state and get it reregistered there, you need to obtain an NOC from the RTO where your vehicle is registered. When you obtain an NOC from the RTO where your vehicle is registered, it means that vehicle doesn’t belong to that RTO anymore. As NOC is valid only for 6 months, you need to reregister the vehicle in new state within that period. However, later, if you planned not to reregister the vehicle, you need to cancel the NOC. Cancelling NOC is required because in future, if you want to sell the vehicle you need to go to RTO in migrated state to obtain NOC for ownership transfer.
For cancelling the NOC, you need to obtain Non Utilization Certificate from RTO in the migrated state stating that your vehicle is not registered there. Documents required for the same are listed below.
- A letter requesting Non-utilization certificate
- Original RC book
- Valid Insurance copy
- PUC certificate copy
- Affidavit stating that you have not registered vehicle in new state and no illegal work was done using that vehicle
- Police verification certificate from the police commissioner office of the migrated state
- Original NOC documents
- ID proof
- I bought a second hand car in Delhi. Need to re-register in Bangalore. How do I calculate how much do I need to pay? Write Answer
- How long does it take for RTO Bangalore to issue Non Utilization certificate for Cancellation of NOC? Write Answer
- I'm planning to shift from Delhi to Bangalore and taking my Ola S1 pro scooter with me. Do I have to re-register the scooter or will just paying road tax suffice? If so, how much would be the amount that I'll have to pay in either of the two cases? Write Answer
- What would be the road tax payable in karnataka for a 2012 model Delhi registered vehicle? Write Answer
- How much amount I have to pay if I have to change AP Registration honda activa to Karnataka registration? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.