Answered on February 01,2018
There are two types of properties. A-Khatha certificates are issues for properties which have been developed as per the sanctions. There will be valid licenses and approvals. If you possess A-Khata certificate, it is possible to get trade license or building license very easily. You will also be able to take loans from banks and financial institutions without any issues when you have access to the A-Khata Certificate.
If there are valid sanctions and approvals, B-Khatha certificates are issued. The certificate denotes that the tax to the property is being paid to the Government. B Khatha is not valid Khatha extract. You will not be able to get loans from financial institutions.
If there are minimal deviations in B-Khatha properties, they can be converted into A Khatha through building regularization. In order to apply for A Khatha certificate from B Khatha certificate, you should submit documents including DC converted property, complete tax paid statement and betterment charges for conversion needs.
Application for Khata extract Registration/ Transfer / Bifurcation /Amalgamation can be done through online or offline. If you apply through online, you should provide Old PID Number, Name of the Applicant and Email ID of the applicant along with other particulars. The original form can be submitted along-with other forms so that it will be processed and necessary clearances will be obtained.
Answered on February 02,2018
Property listed under A Khata fall under BBMP Jurisdiction, while B khata properties fall under local jurisdiction. However, owners of B khata properties can upgrade to A khata by paying a fee known as 'Betterment Charges' along with appropriate documentation. It is advisable for property holders under B khata to upgrade since there are many advantages of owning an A Khata property. One such advantage is that owners of A khata properties are eligible to apply for bank loan.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
- How to get the building plan for existing building in Bangalore. It's in bellendur, Outer Ring Road. Write Answer
- How to know property details in Andhra Pradesh? Write Answer
- I ma not able to complete the online BBMP khatha transfer process. During Esigning, after entering OTP, Its giving an error that "Your information is not secure and whether you want to continue?" Once i click yes, it taking us to login page again. I tried in different computer, different Browsers, Mobile but issue still persists. What to do? Write Answer
- How do I collect the Hadbast statement from nadkacheri office hargur hobli? Write Answer
- My son and I have 30X40 feet site each adjacent to each other with two Khatnas. Can we apply for the approval of one Building Plan as we want to construct only one building on both sites together combinedly on 60x40 site ? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
pravasi online helper
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.