Answered on March 02,2018
Blue coloured Aadhar card , known as Baal Aadhaar card, is for children below the age of 5 years. For 'Baal Aadhar' card, the child's birth certificate and Aadhaar card number of one of the parents are required. Biometrics are not developed for children before 5 years of age. Hence, a child's Aadhaar data does not include biometric info like fingerprints and Iris scan. Once the child crosses 5, biometrics need to be updated
The process to get Aadhaar card for your child.
- Visit the enrolment centre and fill out the enrolment form.
- Provide the child's birth certificate. One of the parents must also provide their Aadhaar card number for authentication purposes.
- Provide a mobile number
- As the age of the applicant is below five years, no biometrics will be recorded. Biometrics should be updated after the child reaches the age of five and then again at the age of 15 years.
- A photograph of your child will be clicked.
- Child's 'Aadhaar' will be linked to the Aadhaar card number of his/her parents
- After confirmation, collect an acknowledgment slip.
- Once the registration and verification process has been completed, an SMS will be sent to the registered mobile number. Within 60 days of receiving this message, the Aadhaar card will number be issued to the newborn child.
Answered on February 03,2019
You can follow the below procedure to get aadhaar card for children.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
Tweet this question to the Government
How to download Aadhaar card ? Aadhaar (UID) is a 12 digit unique number which helps you to verify your identity all over the country. Apart from serving the purpose of verification, aadhar also helps individual to open n..
Click here to get a detailed guide
How to Update Aadhaar Card Details ?Aadhaar is a 12 digit unique number which helps you to verify your identity all over the country. All the details provided in Aadhaar regarding your identity can be updated. Following detai..
Click here to get a detailed guide
- आधार कार्ड से कितने सिम चालू है कैसे पता करें? Write Answer
- How many days does it take to update mobile number email id in aadhar card along with biometrics and photo? Would the phone number be updated before? Write Answer
- How to link aadhar and bank account? Write Answer
- Is it possible to change the Date of Birth in my Aadhaar card to match the DOB on my PAN card? I only have the PAN card as the correct proof of my DOB. Could you kindly suggest the process for changing the DOB in my Aadhaar card to match the one on my PAN card? Write Answer
- Is it necessary to provide iris scan, fingerprint, and photo when adding the wife's name to the husband's Aadhaar card? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.