Answered on March 02,2018
Blue coloured Aadhar card , known as Baal Aadhaar card, is for children below the age of 5 years. For 'Baal Aadhar' card, the child's birth certificate and Aadhaar card number of one of the parents are required. Biometrics are not developed for children before 5 years of age. Hence, a child's Aadhaar data does not include biometric info like fingerprints and Iris scan. Once the child crosses 5, biometrics need to be updated
The process to get Aadhaar card for your child.
- Visit the enrolment centre and fill out the enrolment form.
- Provide the child's birth certificate. One of the parents must also provide their Aadhaar card number for authentication purposes.
- Provide a mobile number
- As the age of the applicant is below five years, no biometrics will be recorded. Biometrics should be updated after the child reaches the age of five and then again at the age of 15 years.
- A photograph of your child will be clicked.
- Child's 'Aadhaar' will be linked to the Aadhaar card number of his/her parents
- After confirmation, collect an acknowledgment slip.
- Once the registration and verification process has been completed, an SMS will be sent to the registered mobile number. Within 60 days of receiving this message, the Aadhaar card will number be issued to the newborn child.
Answered on February 03,2019
You can follow the below procedure to get aadhaar card for children.
How to download Aadhaar card ?Aadhaar (UID) is a 12 digit unique number which helps you to verify your identity all over the country. Apart from serving the purpose of verification, aadhar also helps individual to open n..
How to update aadhaar card details ?Aadhaar is a 12 digit unique number which helps you to verify your identity all over the country. All the details provided in Aadhaar regarding your identity can be updated. Following detai..
- I have changed my Name after marriage on Adhaar card and voter id 6 yrs back without gazette notification. And now I'm trying to fill up gazette certificate of name change but it requires old name adhar card proof? How can I correct this? Write Answer
- How to delete my digilocker account? At first I created one account but later I opened another account and I want to delete one account which is linked with aadhar. Write Answer
- What is the process to cancel the Aadhar Card of a person who dies ? Write Answer
- How can I unlink my mobile number from digilocker as i don't remember my security pin? Write Answer
- I filled the passport application with my full name but my Aadhaar card, PAN card, and voter ID has my first name. Is that a problem in getting my passport? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.