Answered on March 02,2018
Blue coloured Aadhar card , known as Baal Aadhaar card, is for children below the age of 5 years. For 'Baal Aadhar' card, the child's birth certificate and Aadhaar card number of one of the parents are required. Biometrics are not developed for children before 5 years of age. Hence, a child's Aadhaar data does not include biometric info like fingerprints and Iris scan. Once the child crosses 5, biometrics need to be updated
The process to get Aadhaar card for your child.
- Visit the enrolment centre and fill out the enrolment form.
- Provide the child's birth certificate. One of the parents must also provide their Aadhaar card number for authentication purposes.
- Provide a mobile number
- As the age of the applicant is below five years, no biometrics will be recorded. Biometrics should be updated after the child reaches the age of five and then again at the age of 15 years.
- A photograph of your child will be clicked.
- Child's 'Aadhaar' will be linked to the Aadhaar card number of his/her parents
- After confirmation, collect an acknowledgment slip.
- Once the registration and verification process has been completed, an SMS will be sent to the registered mobile number. Within 60 days of receiving this message, the Aadhaar card will number be issued to the newborn child.
Answered on February 03,2019
You can follow the below procedure to get aadhaar card for children.