What are various Voter ID forms like Form 6a, Form8 etc ?
The various Forms useful for registration are as follows.
- For new voters, fill application in Form 6 . You can also use Form 6 , when you move from one city/state to anotther.
- Overseas voters may file application in Form 6A.
- If you want a vote deleted, you can file an objection in Form 7.
- For any correction in voter list or voter card fill application Form 8.
- If you have changed your address within the constituency, please file your application in Form 8A.
Form can be submitted to District Election Office, Electoral Registration Officer or Booth Level Officer of your area.
Voters ID - Recently Asked Questions
While applying for enrollment as a voter at a new place, I have filled up Form 6 and given details of my registration as an elector at my previous place of residence, will the name in old records be deleted.
If an application in Form-6/ 6A/7/8/8A is rejected by the Electoral Registration Officer or name is deleted suo-moto and the applicant is not satisfied with the decision of the Electoral Registration Officer, then what course of action is available to the applicant?