Answered on February 14,2019
As you have moved from one state to another, your assembly constituency got changed. So you need to update your assembly constituency in the Voter ID card. Follow the below steps to update your assembly constituency.
- Visit National Voter Service Portal
- Click on Form - 6 (Apply online for registration of new voter/due to shifting from AC)
- Fill details about State, District and Assembly/Parliamentary Constituency. As you are shifting your constituency, click on the second button.
- Enter details about name, name of relative of applicant, type of relation, your age or date of birth and gender.
The name as it should appear in the electoral roll and Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) should be furnished. The full name should be written in the first box and surname should be written in the second box. In case you do not have a surname, just write the given name. Caste should not be mentioned except where the caste name is used as part of the elector’s name or a surname. Honorific appellations like Shri, Smt. Kumari, Khan, Begum, Pandit etc. should not be mentioned. Please mention your name in English and official language of the State both, if possible.
- Enter current address where applicant is ordinarily resident.
- Enter permanent address of applicant.As you already have a voter ID card, enter EPIC number (Voter ID card number)
- Enter optional particulars, if any
- Fill the declaration with address of earlier place where you have a voter ID card.
- Once you have entered all the details, click on "Submit" button.
- Now you will receive an email with a link that lets you track your voter ID application status. It may take around 30 days for your application to be processed and for a voter ID to be issued.
How to correct Voter ID card details ?A Voter ID Card, also known as the Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) is a photo identity card that is issued by the Election Commission of India to all the citizens of India above the age ..
How to Vote in elections ? (2022)Elections will be held in India every 5 years. In this guide, we will brief you on how to vote for elections in India. Eligibility Following people are eligible to cast their vote. Fo..
- How many days will it take to change name in voter ID card? Write Answer
- How to get PVC voter ID card? Write Answer
- How many days will it take to link voter id with Aadhaar card? Write Answer
- What shall the other family members provide as address proof in case of transfer of the voter cards from one constituency to another due to shift of residence where only the family head has an address proof as his name in the electricity bill? Write Answer
- I applied form-6 on last month and my application was approved in 10 days. When I try to download epic through reference Id, it shows no data available on this epic no. When I will receive my voter card and how? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.