I have moved from one state to another. How to update my address in Voter ID card ?
As you have moved from one state to another, your assembly constituency got changed. So you need to update your assembly constituency in the Voter ID card. Follow the below steps to update your assembly constituency.
- Visit National Voter Service Portal
- Click on Form - 6 (Apply online for registration of new voter/due to shifting from AC)
- Fill details about State, District and Assembly/Parliamentary Constituency. As you are shifting your constituency, click on the second button.
- Enter details about name, name of relative of applicant, type of relation, your age or date of birth and gender.
The name as it should appear in the electoral roll and Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) should be furnished. The full name should be written in the first box and surname should be written in the second box. In case you do not have a surname, just write the given name. Caste should not be mentioned except where the caste name is used as part of the elector’s name or a surname. Honorific appellations like Shri, Smt. Kumari, Khan, Begum, Pandit etc. should not be mentioned. Please mention your name in English and official language of the State both, if possible.
- Enter current address where applicant is ordinarily resident.
- Enter permanent address of applicant.As you already have a voter ID card, enter EPIC number (Voter ID card number)
- Enter optional particulars, if any
- Fill the declaration with address of earlier place where you have a voter ID card.
- Once you have entered all the details, click on "Submit" button.
- Now you will receive an email with a link that lets you track your voter ID application status. It may take around 30 days for your application to be processed and for a voter ID to be issued.
Voters ID - Recently Asked Questions
While applying for enrollment as a voter at a new place, I have filled up Form 6 and given details of my registration as an elector at my previous place of residence, will the name in old records be deleted.
If an application in Form-6/ 6A/7/8/8A is rejected by the Electoral Registration Officer or name is deleted suo-moto and the applicant is not satisfied with the decision of the Electoral Registration Officer, then what course of action is available to the applicant?