Answered on September 17,2019
After you submit the Voter ID application form along with the documents such as Address and Identity proof,a Booth Level Officer (BLO) is assigned to verify your details. Booth Level Officer (BLO) is a Government/Semi Government/PSU/Local body Official, familiar with the local electors and is residing in the same polling area. The BLO is a representative of Election Commission of India at the polling station area level. He /She plays a pivotal role in maintaining an error-free and updated electoral roll by collecting actual field information of the polling area.
BLO will come to your residence and verify relevant details. BLO also verifies details by talking to your neighbours and other members of the society/neighbourhood as well.
In case, the details do not match, then the application will be cancelled.If details are to the satisfaction of the Booth Level Officer then the verification will be complete and applicants will receive their Voter ID by post after around 2 to 3 weeks.
How to correct Voter ID card details ?A Voter ID Card, also known as the Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) is a photo identity card that is issued by the Election Commission of India to all the citizens of India above the age ..
How to Vote in elections ? (2022)Elections will be held in India every 5 years. In this guide, we will brief you on how to vote for elections in India. Eligibility Following people are eligible to cast their vote. Fo..
- How many days will it take to change name in voter ID card? Write Answer
- How to get PVC voter ID card? Write Answer
- How many days will it take to link voter id with Aadhaar card? Write Answer
- What shall the other family members provide as address proof in case of transfer of the voter cards from one constituency to another due to shift of residence where only the family head has an address proof as his name in the electricity bill? Write Answer
- I applied form-6 on last month and my application was approved in 10 days. When I try to download epic through reference Id, it shows no data available on this epic no. When I will receive my voter card and how? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.