Answered on February 12,2019
Please follow the below steps to update your address in Voter ID card, when you move with in the same assembly constituency.
- Visit National Voter Service Portal
- Click on Form - 8A (Transposition within the Assembly)
- Fill details about State, District and Assembly/Parliamentary Constituency.
- Enter your name, surname, part number and serial number. Enter Elector's Photo Identity Card (EPIC) number as well.
- Mention the complete address of the new place where you have shifted within the constituency. Please do not write incomplete address as in that case it may not be possible to link the address to the relevant part of electoral roll where the entry is required to be transposed
- Upload supporting documents for address proof and your photograph
- Fill the declaration. Once you have entered all the details, click on "Submit" button.
- Now you will receive an email with a link that lets you track your voter ID application status.
- It may take around 30 days for your application to be processed and for a voter ID to be issued.
How to correct Voter ID card details ?A Voter ID Card, also known as the Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) is a photo identity card that is issued by the Election Commission of India to all the citizens of India above the age ..
How to Vote in elections ? (2022)Elections will be held in India every 5 years. In this guide, we will brief you on how to vote for elections in India. Eligibility Following people are eligible to cast their vote. Fo..
- What should I select as the relation type of I want to apply for Voter id with the epic of my uncle (blood-related to my father)? My mother and father do not have epic number Write Answer
- How can apply new voter id in tamilnadu and what's are the documents to be needed? Write Answer
- How many days to get corrected epic? Write Answer
- Why I am not able to download my epic which is approved? Write Answer
- How many days take to change adress in voter id by nvsp portal online mode? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Molleti Ramesh Babu
Jean at Adventus Canada immigration
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.