How to apply for Voter ID card online ?
Follow the below steps to apply Voter ID card online.
- Visit National Voter Service Portal
- Click on Form - 6 (Apply online for registration of new voter/due to shifting from AC)
- Fill details about State, District and Assembly/Parliamentary Constituency. As you are a first time voter, click on button near to it.
- Enter details about name, name of relative of applicant, type of relation, your age or date of birth and gender.
The name as it should appear in the electoral roll and Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) should be furnished. The full name should be written in the first box and surname should be written in the second box. In case you do not have a surname, just write the given name. Caste should not be mentioned except where the caste name is used as part of the elector’s name or a surname. Honorific appellations like Shri, Smt. Kumari, Khan, Begum, Pandit etc. should not be mentioned. Please mention your name in English and official language of the State both, if possible.
- Enter current address where applicant is ordinarily resident.
- Enter permanent address of applicant.
- Enter optional particulars, if any
- Fill the declaration
- Once you have entered all the details, click on "Submit" button.
- Now you will receive an email with a link that lets you track your voter ID application status. It may take around 30 days for your application to be processed and for a voter ID to be issued.
Voters ID - Recently Asked Questions
While applying for enrollment as a voter at a new place, I have filled up Form 6 and given details of my registration as an elector at my previous place of residence, will the name in old records be deleted.
If an application in Form-6/ 6A/7/8/8A is rejected by the Electoral Registration Officer or name is deleted suo-moto and the applicant is not satisfied with the decision of the Electoral Registration Officer, then what course of action is available to the applicant?