Answered on February 12,2019
Follow the below steps to remove name of missing person from Voter ID / Electoral roll.
- Visit National Voter Service Portal
- Click on Form - 7 (Deletion or objection in electoral roll)
- Enter details about State, District, Assembly/Parliamentary Constituency.If you want to object inclusion of name of other person , choose first box. Else,if you want to seek deletion of your name from the list, choose either of the options below it.
- Enter the particulars of applicant with part number and serial number
- Enter the details about the person whose name is objected to / whose entry is to be deleted. If it is same as above, click on button on the right hand side.
- The applicant ‘objector’ must specify the reason(s) as to why according to him/her the person whose name is objected is not qualified for inclusion in that part of electoral roll viz. Due to death, due to shifting, not ordinarily residing at the registered address etc.. The onus of proof to substantiate the reason given for removal of the name lies with the Objector.
- Provide the declaration
- Once you have entered all the details, click on "Submit" button.
- Now you will receive an email with a link that lets you track your voter ID application status. It may take around 30 days for your application to be processed.
How to correct Voter ID card details ?A Voter ID Card, also known as the Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) is a photo identity card that is issued by the Election Commission of India to all the citizens of India above the age ..
How to Vote in elections ? (2022)Elections will be held in India every 5 years. In this guide, we will brief you on how to vote for elections in India. Eligibility Following people are eligible to cast their vote. Fo..