Answered on February 12,2019
Follow the below steps to remove name of missing person from Voter ID / Electoral roll.
- Visit National Voter Service Portal
- Click on Form - 7 (Deletion or objection in electoral roll)
- Enter details about State, District, Assembly/Parliamentary Constituency.If you want to object inclusion of name of other person , choose first box. Else,if you want to seek deletion of your name from the list, choose either of the options below it.
- Enter the particulars of applicant with part number and serial number
- Enter the details about the person whose name is objected to / whose entry is to be deleted. If it is same as above, click on button on the right hand side.
- The applicant ‘objector’ must specify the reason(s) as to why according to him/her the person whose name is objected is not qualified for inclusion in that part of electoral roll viz. Due to death, due to shifting, not ordinarily residing at the registered address etc.. The onus of proof to substantiate the reason given for removal of the name lies with the Objector.
- Provide the declaration
- Once you have entered all the details, click on "Submit" button.
- Now you will receive an email with a link that lets you track your voter ID application status. It may take around 30 days for your application to be processed.
How to correct Voter ID card details ?A Voter ID Card, also known as the Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) is a photo identity card that is issued by the Election Commission of India to all the citizens of India above the age ..
How to Vote in elections ?Elections will be held in India every 5 years. In this guide, we will brief you on how to vote for elections in India. Eligibility Following people are eligible to cast their vote. Fo..
- I had applied for voter id and my epic number is also generated but I can't download my E-epic also. Is there any way to solve this? Write Answer
- Can I apply for voter card if my family don't have voter card? Write Answer
- I have registered for voter id 2 weeks back and till date BLO is not appointed. How many days it will take to appoint the BLO and for whole process? Write Answer
- If i apply voter id online how much time it will take take to get process and get voter id card number? Write Answer
- How many days will it take to change name in voter ID card? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Task Master Gulf
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.