Answered on July 20,2019
You need the following documents for transfer of ownership on death of owner of the vehicle.
Certificate of registration
Certificate of insurance
Death certificate in relation to the registered owner
Certificate of pollution under control*
PAN card (successor) or Form 60*
Chassis & Engine Pencil Print*
Proof of Date of Birth of successor*
Proof of address*
Signature Identification of Seller*
Declaration by the applicant and all other Legal Heirs of the deceased*
Verification of vehicle on Form 20*
Passport size photograph*
Proof of succession*
Documents marked with asterisk (*) may be required in some states.
- I want to transfer my car registration to Bangalore RTO. I have applied for No Objection Certificate (NOC) online in May and sent all the required documents to Raja garden RTO.It is showing application status as "On Hold" with the remarks that documents are not received. There is no information provided related to which document is missing. How can we obtain NOC from RTO? Write Answer
- How the Road Tax is calculated in Uttar Pradesh of a old vehicle transferred from another state? On which price (original price or the price of current date´s showroom price)? Write Answer
- Can any agent help in getting duplicate license issued in tolichowki Hyderabad as my license photo defaced and damaged? I'm based in Delhi now can't travel.Can this be done without my presence? Write Answer
- I bought a second hand car in Delhi. Need to re-register in Bangalore. How do I calculate how much do I need to pay? Write Answer
- How long does it take for RTO Bangalore to issue Non Utilization certificate for Cancellation of NOC? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Indian Highways Management Company Limited
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.