Answered on May 27,2018
As your NOC got expired, you need to get a Non utilization certificate from RTO in your migrated state. Non utilization certificate is an official statement from the RTO stating that your vehicle is not re-registered in that state. This is because, as per the RTO records of your home state, your vehicle is in migrated state.Also, you would be able to sell your vehicle or transfer your vehicle to another state, only after submitting Non-utilization certificate. Process involved in applying for Non Utilization certificate is as follows.
- Submit a letter requesting Non-utilization certificate to RTO in the migrated state, along with the following documents.
- Original RC book
- Valid Insurance copy
- PUC certificate copy
- Affidavit stating that you have not registered vehicle in new state and no illegal work was done using that vehicle
- Police verification certificate from the police commissioner office of the migrated state
- Original NOC documents
- ID proof
- Pay the road tax in the migrated state
- Once you have paid the road tax, you will get the Non-utilization certificate of NOC within a week. After obtaining the Non utilization certificate, proceed to the RTO where your vehicle is registered and submit the same documents as mentioned above along with Non-Utilization certificate that you got from the migrated state.
- You also need to submit an affidavit stating that you have not registered your vehicle in migrated state.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
- I have paid Bangalore road tax. So my rc is of Karnataka. But the number plate is of Maharashtra. What is the procedure and cost just to change my number plate? Write Answer
- Can I get non utilisation certificate from Domlur, Bengaluru traffic department if I have paid the road tax in Bengaluru and not registered my bike here. I have lost the original NOC and tax paid receipt as well Write Answer
- What is the penalty on the lapse in renewal of registration in Bangalore this year? Write Answer
- How much tax I need to pay for transferring my 2 wheeler scooter costing 56600, purchased 10 years back in Pune, Maharashtra to Vijayapura in Karnataka? Write Answer
- I have a Delhi registered car, driving in Bangalore for more than a year. I don't want to re-register the number in Karnataka as I have plan to go back. Can i just pay the Karnataka road tax now and re-register the car in Karnataka after few years? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
PGN Property Management
A R Ashraf
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.