Answered on May 27,2018
As your NOC got expired, you need to get a Non utilization certificate from RTO in your migrated state. Non utilization certificate is an official statement from the RTO stating that your vehicle is not re-registered in that state. This is because, as per the RTO records of your home state, your vehicle is in migrated state.Also, you would be able to sell your vehicle or transfer your vehicle to another state, only after submitting Non-utilization certificate. Process involved in applying for Non Utilization certificate is as follows.
- Submit a letter requesting Non-utilization certificate to RTO in the migrated state, along with the following documents.
- Original RC book
- Valid Insurance copy
- PUC certificate copy
- Affidavit stating that you have not registered vehicle in new state and no illegal work was done using that vehicle
- Police verification certificate from the police commissioner office of the migrated state
- Original NOC documents
- ID proof
- Pay the road tax in the migrated state
- Once you have paid the road tax, you will get the Non-utilization certificate of NOC within a week. After obtaining the Non utilization certificate, proceed to the RTO where your vehicle is registered and submit the same documents as mentioned above along with Non-Utilization certificate that you got from the migrated state.
- You also need to submit an affidavit stating that you have not registered your vehicle in migrated state.
- I bought a second hand car in Delhi. Need to re-register in Bangalore. How do I calculate how much do I need to pay? Write Answer
- How long does it take for RTO Bangalore to issue Non Utilization certificate for Cancellation of NOC? Write Answer
- I'm planning to shift from Delhi to Bangalore and taking my Ola S1 pro scooter with me. Do I have to re-register the scooter or will just paying road tax suffice? If so, how much would be the amount that I'll have to pay in either of the two cases? Write Answer
- What would be the road tax payable in karnataka for a 2012 model Delhi registered vehicle? Write Answer
- How much amount I have to pay if I have to change AP Registration honda activa to Karnataka registration? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.