NOC of my bike got expired. I have not reregistered it. How to get Non utilization certificate as I am going back to my home state?

Kamal Kamal
Answered on May 27,2018

As your NOC got expired, you need to get a Non utilization certificate from RTO in your migrated state. Non utilization certificate is an official statement from the RTO stating that your vehicle is not re-registered in that state. This is because, as per the RTO records of your home state, your vehicle is in migrated state.Also, you would be able to sell your vehicle or transfer your vehicle to another state, only after submitting Non-utilization certificate. Process involved in applying for Non Utilization certificate is as follows.

  1. Submit a letter requesting Non-utilization certificate to RTO in the migrated state, along with the following documents. 
    • Original RC book
    • Valid Insurance copy
    • PUC certificate copy
    • Affidavit stating that you have not registered vehicle in new state and no illegal work was done using that vehicle
    • Police verification certificate from the police commissioner office of the migrated state
    • Original NOC documents
    • ID proof 
  1. Pay the road tax in the migrated state
  2. Once you have paid the road tax, you will get the Non-utilization certificate of NOC within a week. After obtaining the Non utilization certificate, proceed to the RTO where your vehicle is registered and submit the same documents as mentioned above along with Non-Utilization certificate that you got from the migrated state.
  3. You also need to submit an affidavit stating that you have not registered your vehicle in migrated state.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question


Sarthi Parivahan Sewa 2024- Driving License, Vehicle Information

The Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) has been instrumental in automating more than 1300 Road Transport Offices (RTOs) nationwide. These RTOs issue essential documents, inclu..
  Click here to get a detailed guide