I have taken NOC for my bike from Cochin RTO in 2016. But I have not re-registered my vehicle to another state. So what is the current status of my vehicle? And what is way forward if I want to register my bike to my hometown (the same place about which I got NOC earlier)?

You have to obtain Non-inclusion certificate from the state to which NOC was issued. Then surrender the NOC already obtained , the Non Inclusion Certicate and other records of the vehicle and request for including the vehicle at RTO Ernakulam. You may also have to produce the vehicle for inspection and remit Road Tax at RTO Ernakulam

How would you rate the answer?

Excellent Good Neutral Poor Bad

Thank you for your response..

Ramesh Ramesh
Answered on March 14,2020

As you got NOC from RTO at Kochi, your bike does not belong to that RTO. As you have not utilized the NOC and re-register in the migrated state, it doesn't belong to that State as well.

So you have to cancel the NOC by getting a Non-utilization certificate from migrated RTO. Non utilization certificate is an official statement from the RTO stating that your vehicle is not re-registered in that state.

Documents required for the same are listed below.

  • A letter requesting Non-utilization certificate
  • Original RC book
  • Valid Insurance copy
  • PUC certificate copy
  • An affidavit stating that you have not registered vehicle in the new state and no illegal work was done using that vehicle
  • Police verification certificate from the migrated state
  • Original NOC documents
  • ID proof

Hey , can you help?
Answer this question


Sarthi Parivahan Sewa 2024- Driving License, Vehicle Information

The Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) has been instrumental in automating more than 1300 Road Transport Offices (RTOs) nationwide. These RTOs issue essential documents, inclu..
  Click here to get a detailed guide