Answered on October 31,2019
Renewal of insurance can be done without paying for the lapsed period. However, there are cases when renewal was rejected by the company if the insurance lapse period is significantly high.
Renewal may be allowed but with some fines & penalties. One may have to apply again for a fresh policy. The fresh policy is possible only after the car survey or inspection. The company may charge a higher premium on a fresh policy.
- I am planning to buy a used bike but it has no insurance. Can i apply for insurance on my name directly or the person who is selling the bike should renew the insurance and then transfer the insurance to me? What is the procedure if i buy a bike which insurance is due?
- I have a swift LDI 2008 registered in Delhi. I purchased it in 2017 year based on an affidavit and got NOC issued from RTO Delhi for RTO in Alwar(Rajasthan). Somehow I couldn't get it re-registered at Jaipur RTO. Till date the ownership is not in my name. Now is there any way to get the ownership transferred to my name in Delhi or Alwar. I have insurance, RC, Affidavit, Pollution & NOC. Pls suggest some way.
- Full cover (Two wheeler) insurance ഓടിക്കുന്നയാൾക്കും പിന്നിലിരിക്കുന്നയാൾക്കും Coverage ഉണ്ടോ ? ഇല്ലെങ്കിൽ ലഭിക്കാൻ എന്തു ചെയ്യണം ?
- I have a Honda Brio Car registered in Indira Nagar RTO in Bangalore in 2013. I have recently shifted to Pune with my car. I have few questions (1) How do I get getting NOC certificate from Bangalore RTO being in Pune ? Any recommended agents/services ? (2) How long this NOC certificate is valid for ? (3) Do I have to change my car registration number in Maharashtra after getting NOC ? (4) In case if I want to driver my Bangalore registered car in Pune for approx. 2 to 3 years, should I change my car to Maharashtra number ? (5) What if I don't want to change my car number and if I obtain NOC ? Can I driver with NOC for 3 years ? (6) If NOC is not valid for 2 years, can I pay road tax in Pune and keep my car number as is ? (7) How do I get road tax refund from Bangalore RTO ?
- My vehicle is on my Mrs name. My wife can't go to RTO. I have all documents RC, pollution Certificate,Insurance, NOC from the financier.How can I get the NOC from RTO?
- My bike registration expired in April 2020 (20 years). And insurance also expired. Now in last December 2020, I took insurance . While pay tax though Patibayan website, insurance details not seen . Can I pay tax without updating of insurance?
- Sometimes we have to submit original insurance. What does it mean by original insurance? If it means insurance paper with seal or stamp. What about the insurance paper we are getting from online? Isn't it consider as original ?