Answered on September 13,2019
Paying road tax alone will not help you to get refund.
Either the vehicle has to be mandatory registered in new state or the Old Registration has to be applied for cancellation post which only the refund application will be accepted for payment of Pro Rata Tax Amount
- If you are thinking of Cancelling the Vehicle registration - then as per Motor Vehicle Act - you can cancel it in below situations.
- If a motor vehicle has been destroyed or has been rendered permanently incapable of use
- If the Vehicle moved in another state and re-registered in New State with necessary Confirmation and documents pertaining same been furnished
- If RTO Observe that vehicle is in such a condition that it is incapable of being used or its use in a public place would constitute a danger to the public
- If a registering authority is satisfied that a motor vehicle has been permanently removed out of India
- If the Car Ownership Documents at a later date found fake or with forgery
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
Sarthi Parivahan Sewa 2023- Driving License, Vehicle InformationThe Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) has been instrumental in automating more than 1300 Road Transport Offices (RTOs) nationwide. These RTOs issue essential documents, inclu..
Click here to get a detailed guide
- ഡ്രൈവിംഗ് ടെസ്റ്റ് കഴിഞ്ഞ് എത്ര ദിവസം കൊണ്ട് മെസ്സേജ് വരും? Write Answer
- What is the penalty on the lapse in renewal of registration in Bangalore this year? Write Answer
- Need help in getting NOC for car registered in Khairatabad for my friend who is in Chennai. Is it poosible to get without the car owner's presence? Write Answer
- I have bike owned by my brother who moved to USA and parked it at my place. It has been a long time like almost 10 years now and the vehicle is still not transferred. I have all docs like NOC from old RTO etc and now he want to sell the vehicle. Can we have the vehicle registration done for Delhi now and if yes what process and charges will be involved. Write Answer
- Do I need to obtain an RC extract or a state transfer certificate for my bike with a capacity above 300cc that I brought to Maharashtra six months ago? If so, what will be the amount of road tax that I need to pay in Maharashtra? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
A R Ashraf
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.