I want to apply for a passport for my one year old baby. Would Police Verification be done in his/her case also?

Lijo Lijo
Answered on March 03,2018

If either parent of the minor holds a valid passport with spouse name endorsed, passport will be issued to the minor without any police verification. Original passport of parent(s) should be presented for the verification of particulars. If parent(s) hold a valid passport, but spouse name is not endorsed, then they must get the spouse name added in their passport. For this, they have to apply for re-issue of passport and get the specified change done in personal particulars. If either parent does not hold a valid passport, passport will be issued to the minor only after police verification or you can apply under Tatkaal scheme to get the passport on post police verification basis.

Hey , can you help?
Answer this question


How to get Passport in India? - Online Application, Police Verification,Tracking & Delivery

A passport is a travel document, usually issued by a country's government to its citizens, that certifies the identity and nationality of its holder primarily for the purpose of internationa..
  Click here to get a detailed guide