Answered on March 03,2018
If either parent of the minor holds a valid passport with spouse name endorsed, passport will be issued to the minor without any police verification. Original passport of parent(s) should be presented for the verification of particulars. If parent(s) hold a valid passport, but spouse name is not endorsed, then they must get the spouse name added in their passport. For this, they have to apply for re-issue of passport and get the specified change done in personal particulars. If either parent does not hold a valid passport, passport will be issued to the minor only after police verification or you can apply under Tatkaal scheme to get the passport on post police verification basis.
- I have lost my 10th marksheet and birth certificate. How can I apply for the passport?
- I applied for the passport but before police verification.I shifted from there. But the police came to that house that was mentioned on application form. I was present there and the police sent adverse report of current address.What should i do now?
- Can I apply for ECNR passport with 10th marksheet?
- While applying for passport, I update it as graduate and above, I passed out MBA in 2021 but yet to receive certificates. Will that be an issue in passport verification?
- I am 18 years old son of government employee. For passport, Annexure A says it requires identity certificate for minors upto age of 18 years. Does that apply to me or only till age of 17 years?
- I have changed my father's name in my passport from one RPO. Can I now get a passport made by taking an appointment in another RPO?
- My passport expires last month and there is a mistake in my name. Should I apply for a new one and surrender the old one?
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.