Answered on September 08,2019
If you go strictly by law, then you need to do the following.
- Change address in RC book within 30 days of coming to Bangalore.
- Pay Road Tax in Bangalore. Please note that the road tax is not to be paid for just 6 months. It has to be paid based on the age of the vehicle. The lifetime of a vehicle is considered to be 15 years. So if your vehicle is of 2 years old, then you need to pay tax for 13 years. After this, you have to then get a refund for tax paid in Hyderabad at the time of registration of the vehicle. For paying road tax in Bangalore, you can calculate it using road tax calculator in Karnataka.
You don't need to re-register your bike in Bangalore as you are staying in Bangalore for a short duration. Also, NOC is not required for any of the above process.
Practically speaking, as you are staying for a short duration and the above process is cumbersome, you can afford not to do both of the things mentioned above. However, it is up to you.
Answered on September 08,2019
Please check the below link.
Complete Guide to RTO Services in KarnatakaRegional Transport Office (RTO) is a government organization responsible for issuing vehicle related certificates in India. RTO in Karnataka provides the following services. No Objectio..
- I want to transfer my car registration to Bangalore RTO. I have applied for No Objection Certificate (NOC) online in May and sent all the required documents to Raja garden RTO.It is showing application status as "On Hold" with the remarks that documents are not received. There is no information provided related to which document is missing. How can we obtain NOC from RTO? Write Answer
- What is the process of obtaining a new RC for my car in Bangalore? I am bringing it from Lucknow, and I have obtained an NOC. Can I get some assistance from agents? Write Answer
- I have a KA registered vehicle and was fined for over speeding in Kerala (Kozhikode RTO). it is showing as blacklisted in parivahan website, How do i make the payment and clear it? Write Answer
- Whether noc is required for transfer of ownership of vehicle same city from one RTO to another in Karnataka? Write Answer
- What are the steps I need to take to get my vehicle registered in Karnataka and complete all associated formalities? My vehicle is relocating from West Bengal to Karnataka Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Indian Highways Management Company Limited
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.