Answered on April 25,2019
NOC is required for vehicle ownership transfer. The seller has to get it from the relevant RTO office.
Following documents are required to obtain NOC from RTO where the vehicle is registered.
- FORM 28 in quadruplicate (4 copies) for issue of No Objection Certificate
- Registration certificate
- Insurance certificate
- Pollution Under Control certificate
- Consent of Financier on CMV form 28 (if the vehicle is covered by Hypothecation, HPA or a lease agreement)
- Permit and fitness certificate (applicable for commercial vehicles)
- Pencil print of the chassis number for the CMV 28 form
- Photo identity and address proof
Once you submit all the applications, RTO will obtain a report of the vehicle from police authority to check if the vehicle is involved in any criminal case or stolen. If there are no incidence, then a clearance certificate will be issued. NOC application is free of charge.
- I am a permanent resident of Chhattisgarh, all my documents and my bike documents are of Chhattisgarh. Now I have to move to Bangalore, do I need to re-register my bike there after 11 months? Write Answer
- I want to transfer my car registration to Bangalore RTO. I have applied for No Objection Certificate (NOC) online in May and sent all the required documents to Raja garden RTO.It is showing application status as "On Hold" with the remarks that documents are not received. There is no information provided related to which document is missing. How can we obtain NOC from RTO? Write Answer
- How the Road Tax is calculated in Uttar Pradesh of a old vehicle transferred from another state? On which price (original price or the price of current date´s showroom price)? Write Answer
- Can any agent help in getting duplicate license issued in tolichowki Hyderabad as my license photo defaced and damaged? I'm based in Delhi now can't travel.Can this be done without my presence? Write Answer
- I bought a second hand car in Delhi. Need to re-register in Bangalore. How do I calculate how much do I need to pay? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Molleti Ramesh Babu
PGN Property Management
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.