Answered on March 02,2018
You should have your registered mobile number to update Aadhaar online. This is because you require your Aadhaar number and authenticated mobile number to login to the UIDAI portal.
- Log into https://ssup.uidai.go.. using your mobile number and Aadhaar number
- Submit your required correction
- Scan and upload supporting Address Proof documents
- Once the correction is submitted, you will be assigned an Aadhaar card Update Request Number which can be used in future to track updates.
Answered on January 31,2019
Address update can be done both online and offline.
- Visit the UIDAI website
- Click on "Update your address online"
- If you have valid address proof click on “Update Address” else click on “Request for Address Validation Letter”
- In the new window (https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update), enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number
- Enter the text verification code in the box and click on Send OTP or Enter TOTP
- An OTP will be sent to the mobile number registered with Aadhaar. Enter this OTP to login to your Aadhaar account
- Tick the Address option and click on the Submit button
- Enter your residential address mentioned in the Proof of Address (PoA) and click on the “Submit Update Request” button.
- Review the changes that you have made. In case you want to modify your address again, click the “Modify” option.Now tick the declaration and click on the “Proceed” button
- Select the document type you want to submit as PoA for verification and upload the scanned copy of the address proof and click on the “Submit” button
- Click on the “Yes” button and select the BPO service provider that will verify your details and click on Submit.
- At the end of submission, a URN or Update Request Number will be issued.
- The URN can be used to check the status of aadhar online.
- Your address will be updated in Aadhaar within 90 days.
- After updation, Aadhaar letter with updates will be delivered at the given address. You can also “Download Aadhaar” from UIDAI website
Answered on February 02,2019
Steps to update the address in Aadhar is provided below.
Answered on May 14,2020
You can easily update your address in Aadhaar online from: Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal or mAadhaar app for free. No need to visit any Aadhaar Kendra for this. Just remember a few things:
- The OTP for login is sent to your Aadhaar registered mobile number
- The supporting Proof of Address should be in your name
- Take a clear scan image of the supporting document
- If the document is of more than one page, scan it using any scanner app in your mobile and save as a single .pdf file for upload
- DigiLocker is asking me to link Aadhaar. After entering my Aadhaar number it shows "This Aadhaar number is already linked to another DigiLocker account.” What to do ?
- How to change my Aadhaar in Digilocker?
- My aadhaar number has 12 digits but Digilocker only shows the last 4 digits. What to do?
- Is masked aadhaar in Digilocker accepted by the railways department?
- Can I view my land records in Kerala with my Aadhaar card?
- How can I get the owner details of registered land in Kerala?
- What to do as I can't login and my number and aadhar is linked with 2 accounts in Digilocker?