Home > RTO works questions > How to get fitness Certificate?

How to get fitness Certificate?




Fitness certificate for vehicles are granted for a period of 2 years at the time of the registration. All vehicles shall carry valid fitness certificate to ply on road. Steps involved in application for fitness certificate are provided below. 

  • Apply for renewal of fitness certificate in Form KMV 20. Form is available at http://trans..
  • Fill up the form with required details.
  • Submit the form along with following documents.
    • Original Registration Certificate
    • Copy of Insurance Certificate
    • Copy of Road Tax receipt
    • Copy of Pollution Under Control Certificate
    • Copy of Id and address proof
  • Pay the required fee. In case of two wheelers, it is INR 200.
  • Produce the vehicle in good condition for inspection at RTO
  • After the inspection, if the vehicle complies with the requirements of chapter VII of Motor Vehicles Act, the fitness certificate will renewed. The validity of renewed fitness certificate is one year.


RTO works - Recently Asked Questions

I am from Maharashtra, currently living in Goa.I want to buy 2nd hand vehicle which is Goa state registered. I only have lease agreement of flat as address proof. But RTO is asking for election card as a proof. So what shall i do to transfer ownership of vehicle on my name?

I have bought 2014 model Ford EcoSport three days back and is planning to go to Bengaluru. I have transferred car to my name. How much tax I need to deposit for invoice amount 738389.43 . Also, How the refund will be provided to the person from whom I have bought ?

I want to move my i20 car from Noida to Bangalore, for how long can I drive my car in Bangalore without obtaining NOC from Noida RTO, and without paying Karnataka road-tax and without changing number? Is it possible/advisable to not get the NOC? Also, will I be able to drive it to nearby states in Tamilnadu and Kerala?

I have a swift LDI 2008 registered in Delhi. I purchased it in 2017 year based on an affidavit and got NOC issued from RTO Delhi for  RTO in Alwar(Rajasthan). Somehow I couldn't get it re-registered at Jaipur RTO. Till date the ownership is not in my name. Now is there any way to get the ownership transferred to my name in Delhi or Alwar. I have insurance, RC, Affidavit, Pollution & NOC. Pls suggest some way.

I have Honda city gxi model 2005 and brought my car from HARYANA to Karnataka. What will be the road tax I have to pay in Karnataka ?

I live in West Bengal. I bought a new bike in this address. Now I want to sell bike to my friends in Manipur. How to do it ?

Top RTO works Agents in Bangalore