How to get fitness Certificate?
Fitness certificate for vehicles are granted for a period of 2 years at the time of the registration. All vehicles shall carry valid fitness certificate to ply on road. Steps involved in application for fitness certificate are provided below.
- Apply for renewal of fitness certificate in Form KMV 20. Form is available at http://trans..
- Fill up the form with required details.
- Submit the form along with following documents.
- Original Registration Certificate
- Copy of Insurance Certificate
- Copy of Road Tax receipt
- Copy of Pollution Under Control Certificate
- Copy of Id and address proof
- Pay the required fee. In case of two wheelers, it is INR 200.
- Produce the vehicle in good condition for inspection at RTO
- After the inspection, if the vehicle complies with the requirements of chapter VII of Motor Vehicles Act, the fitness certificate will renewed. The validity of renewed fitness certificate is one year.
RTO works - Recently Asked Questions
I am planning to bring my car in Bangalore. My car is having Jharkhand registered number (JH01). I don't want to re-register my car here as I will keep my car here for maximum of 3 years. What is the procedure to get my car here in Bangalore without going for registration. I spoke to RTO in my native and they told once NOC is issued against the car then it will be difficult to bring it back to Jharkhand. Is paying only road tax in Bangalore serve my purpose without being penalised by the traffic police in case they check my documents if caught? Is it possible to pay the road tax on yearly basis in Bangalore? It will be helpful if anyone can share me the complete procedure for car movement.
I have taken NOC from Pune RTO for Noida registration in 2016, but due to some issue NOC was not accepted by Noida RTO. But they mentioned that NOC was not used. Now don't want NOC for any other state. So is it necessary to cancel the NOC? Is my vehicle still registered with Pune RTO? Do I have to re-register my vehicle? What will be the cost if so?