Answered on July 02,2018
Fitness certificate for vehicles are granted for a period of 2 years at the time of the registration. All vehicles shall carry valid fitness certificate to ply on road. Steps involved in application for fitness certificate are provided below.
- Apply for renewal of fitness certificate in Form KMV 20. Form is available at http://trans..
- Fill up the form with required details.
- Submit the form along with following documents.
- Original Registration Certificate
- Copy of Insurance Certificate
- Copy of Road Tax receipt
- Copy of Pollution Under Control Certificate
- Copy of Id and address proof
- Pay the required fee. In case of two wheelers, it is INR 200.
- Produce the vehicle in good condition for inspection at RTO
- After the inspection, if the vehicle complies with the requirements of chapter VII of Motor Vehicles Act, the fitness certificate will renewed. The validity of renewed fitness certificate is one year.