Answered on April 13,2019
Once you take a NOC for using your vehicle in a different state than it is registered, you are bound to get re register in that new state and the original state's records will indicate that your vehicle has moved out to the other state to whom NOC is addressed. NOC normally have three or four copies.While two copies will be given to you with marking of the new RTO/City, the other NOC will be sent by registered AD from the original RTO where the vehicle was registered to the the new RTO/City. If due to some reason you are unable to go to the state where the NOC is issued or got back to the original state/RTO before reregistration is done, then you may have to obtain a Non Utilization certificate of your NOC from the RTO to whom this is endorsed. It appears from Motor vehicle act, that there is no clear-cut procedure for it nor any format for this. Hence different RTO may have different practice on it. Where ever the RTO office is refusing to give this certificate, it would be essential you meet the RTO Incharge / Regional Transport Officer and seek his intervention. he can even give a plain paper certificate stating that the said vehicle is not registered in his RTO/State. With this certificate and also with an affidavit that there is no mis use and your request is genuine, you should approach the RTO where you got the first registration done and apply for cancellation of NOC. Since the NOC details would have been mentioned in your RC Book, it is not posible to either change the name/resell/remove NOC unless it is applied to the RTO.
- I have taken NOC from Pune RTO for Noida registration in 2016, but due to some issue NOC was not accepted by Noida RTO. But they mentioned that NOC was not used. Now don't want NOC for any other state. So is it necessary to cancel the NOC? Is my vehicle still registered with Pune RTO? Do I have to re-register my vehicle? What will be the cost if so?
- I have a Honda Brio Car registered in Indira Nagar RTO in Bangalore in 2013. I have recently shifted to Pune with my car. I have few questions (1) How do I get getting NOC certificate from Bangalore RTO being in Pune ? Any recommended agents/services ? (2) How long this NOC certificate is valid for ? (3) Do I have to change my car registration number in Maharashtra after getting NOC ? (4) In case if I want to driver my Bangalore registered car in Pune for approx. 2 to 3 years, should I change my car to Maharashtra number ? (5) What if I don't want to change my car number and if I obtain NOC ? Can I driver with NOC for 3 years ? (6) If NOC is not valid for 2 years, can I pay road tax in Pune and keep my car number as is ? (7) How do I get road tax refund from Bangalore RTO ?
- After receiving the NOC from Bengaluru for moving the vehicle to Chennai for reregistration and name transfer, it is noticed that that the chassis number is stated wrongly in the RC smart card and NOC as well as in the original RC book issued in 2005. Can the vehicle be registered in Chennai based on correct chassis number stated in the original invoice of the car and Chassis pencil print and physical verification by Chennai RTO? Or is the rectification in NOC to be done by Bengaluru RTO? Does it involve issue of non utilisation certificate by Chennai RTO and payment of road tax in Chennai for the same?
- I got the NOC from Pune, Maharashtra and moved to Hyderabad, Telangana. I haven't re-registered my vehicle in six months in Hyderabad. So by default, that NOC is not valid now. And now, I'm transferring back to Mumbai, Maharashtra. So now what procedure do I need to follow?. Shall I get the NOC canceled from Pune RTO and keep it registered in Pune itself or should I re-register my vehicle in Mumbai RTO?
- I moved from Pune to Hyderabad and took NOC from Pune RTO, and in six months (before NOC Expired) moved to Mumbai. So I took Non Utilization Certificate of NOC from Hyderabad RTO. As I'm in Maharashtra now, do i need to register my vehicle in Pune RTO or should I register it in Mumbai RTO. Is the process to re-register in both the cities of Maharashtra will be same ?
- NOC issued from Bangalore RTO for my scooter got rejected by RTO in Kerala on account of the wrong address mentioned in NOC. Kerala RTO has not shared the NOC document yet to me. I am now having a scooter, which is not registered both in Karnataka and Kerala. RC status is NOC issued. How to get it back to active ( either in Karnataka or Kerala)?
- Can I ride my TN registered bike in Karnataka without an NOC. If I do not wish to re-register, am I eligible to ride my bike without NOC?. Is there any other documents required to ride it in Karnataka? Does traffic police have the right to ask for the NOC? What is the fine amount if I ride without an NOC (if at all it is an offence) I heard from traffic police that the fine can be paid only in court. And vehicle should be got from there only. Is that true?