Answered on September 13,2019
Fines for traffic violations are provided below.
General penalty: For the first offense, fine up to 500. For the second offense, fine up to 1500.
Penalty for not wearing helmets: For the first offense, fine of INR 1000 and disqualification from the license for 3 months.
Driving without a license: INR 5000
Drunken driving: For the first offense, fine up to INR 10000 and/or imprisonment up to 6 months.For the second offense, fine of INR 3000 and/or imprisonment up to 2 years
Over-speeding: INR 1000 to 2000 for LMV, INR 2000 to 4000 for the medium passenger or goods vehicles. For the second subsequent offense, impounding of Driving license
Penalty for dangerous driving: For the first offense, imprisonment of 6 months to 1 year and/or fine INR 1000 to INR 5000. For the subsequent offense (within 3 years from first offense), imprisonment up to 2 years and/or INR 10000
Penalty for driving when mentally or physically unfit to drive: For the first offense, fine up to INR 1000. For the second offense, fine up to INR 2000
Carriage of excess passengers: For the first offense, fine of INR 200 per excess passengers
Penalty for violation of safety measures for motorcycle drivers and pillion riders: For the first offense, fine of INR 1000 and disqualification from the license for 3 months
Failure to allow free passage to emergency vehicles: For the first offense, fine of INR 10000 and/or imprisonment up to 6 months
Driving uninsured vehicles: For the first offense, fine of INR 2000 and/or imprisonment up to 3 months. For the second offense, fine of INR 4000 and/or imprisonment up to 3 months
Violation of road regulations: INR 500.
Answered on September 06,2019
Details about traffic fines in India is provided in the link below.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
Sarthi Parivahan Sewa 2023- Driving License, Vehicle InformationThe Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) has been instrumental in automating more than 1300 Road Transport Offices (RTOs) nationwide. These RTOs issue essential documents, inclu..
Click here to get a detailed guide
- I am currently living in bangalore. My car is KL registered. How can I apply for BH registration? Write Answer
- Can l transfer my bike temporary from one state to other state for two years? Write Answer
- I have submitted documents for hypothecation cancellation and ownership transfer. How many days it will take to get the RC? Currently, it shows "ONLINE TRANSACTION SUCCESS ON 14-Aug-2022 BUT NOT INWARD AT". When it will inward to RTO? Write Answer
- Can I transfer NOC to buyer if I want to sell my vehicle without registration? Write Answer
- How to reschedule appointment of rto for hypothication termination? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
BLUES AND JACKS OVERSEAS
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.