Answered on March 03,2018
Address of the child can be updated by visiting the nearest enrollment centre with the parent whose Aadhaar is linked to the child. The supporting documents that needs to be provided are parent’s Address proof, proof of relationship and biometric authentication of linked parent. The documents can be found at https://ssup.ui..
Answered on January 31,2019
Online Procedure to update address in Aadhar
- Visit the UIDAI website
- Click on "Update your address online"
- If you have valid address proof click on “Update Address” else click on “Request for Address Validation Letter”
- In the new window (https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update), enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number
- Enter the text verification code in the box and click on Send OTP or Enter TOTP
- An OTP will be sent to the mobile number registered with Aadhaar. Enter this OTP to login to your Aadhaar account
- Tick the Address option and click on the Submit button
- Enter your residential address mentioned in the Proof of Address (PoA) and click on the “Submit Update Request” button.
- Review the changes that you have made. In case you want to modify your address again, click the “Modify” option.Now tick the declaration and click on the “Proceed” button
- Select the document type you want to submit as PoA for verification and upload the scanned copy of the address proof and click on the “Submit” button
- Click on the “Yes” button and select the BPO service provider that will verify your details and click on Submit.
- At the end of submission, a URN or Update Request Number will be issued.
- The URN can be used to check the status of aadhar online.
- Your address will be updated in Aadhaar within 90 days.
- After updation, Aadhaar letter with updates will be delivered at the given address. You can also “Download Aadhaar” from UIDAI website
How to download Aadhaar card ?Aadhaar (UID) is a 12 digit unique number which helps you to verify your identity all over the country. Apart from serving the purpose of verification, aadhar also helps individual to open n..
How to update aadhaar card details ?Aadhaar is a 12 digit unique number which helps you to verify your identity all over the country. All the details provided in Aadhaar regarding your identity can be updated. Following detai..
- My adhar address update was incorrectly rejected saying that I have not updated the original scan copy of the address proof. Looks like some incompetent government employee sitting behind the system dictates his own terms here.Do they provide refund? Write Answer
- I request my wife's Aadhaar address update for 19 February 2020. But still not updated.Many times I have checked but it shows as the update in process. I have made an application long time ago but it still didn't get updated. Can I make make new application or will it get updated later? Write Answer
- I tried to update aadhar online. Got URN also. At the end, the payment was not successful. I tried to apply again. It says already exists. How to do the payment to the same URN or how to cancel the URN ? Write Answer
- How can i change my address in aadhar card from one state to another state? Write Answer
- Can I get refund for the deduction of amount when I requested to update address but it got rejected by UIDAI ? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
The Nilgiris TV
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.