Answered on February 06,2019
You can update address online even if you don't have the address proof. You can get your address updated in the Aadhaar by using Address Validation Letter sent by UIDAI. In order to request for the Address Validation Letter, you must get consent from an Address Lender/Verifier who would allow his/her Aadhaar registered Address to be used by you. An Address Lender/Verifier could be a family member / relative / friend / landlord where resident is presently residing.
Follow the below steps to update address online without proof of address documents.
- Visit UIDAI portal
- Click on “Updated your Address online”
- Click on the “Request for Aadhaar Validation Letter” button
- Now enter your Aadhaar number. Then click on Send OTP or Enter TOTP
- Now enter the address verifier’s Aadhaar number and click on submit
- Your request for address validation is initiated and a message will be sent to the registered mobile number of the address verifier
Approval by the Verifier
- The verifier gets an SMS containing the OTP and link to verify the applicant’s request on the mobile number registered with UIDAI
- The verifier has to click on the link in the SMS and login to the account
- The verifier has to enter the OTP received in the space provided and confirm the request of the applicant
Final Submission by the Applicant
- Once the verifier approves your request, an SMS is sent to the applicant on the registered mobile number with the SRN and the link to submit the application
- Enter the SRN and OTP received through SMS
- Verify the details and click on “Submit Update Request” to complete the application process
Once updated, you can track the status of aadhar update request as well.
How to download Aadhaar card ?Aadhaar (UID) is a 12 digit unique number which helps you to verify your identity all over the country. Apart from serving the purpose of verification, aadhar also helps individual to open n..
How to update aadhaar card details ?Aadhaar is a 12 digit unique number which helps you to verify your identity all over the country. All the details provided in Aadhaar regarding your identity can be updated. Following detai..
- I have changed my Name after marriage on Adhaar card and voter id 6 yrs back without gazette notification. And now I'm trying to fill up gazette certificate of name change but it requires old name adhar card proof? How can I correct this? Write Answer
- I request my wife's Aadhaar address update for 19 February 2020. But still not updated.Many times I have checked but it shows as the update in process. I have made an application long time ago but it still didn't get updated. Can I make make new application or will it get updated later? Write Answer
- I tried to update aadhar online. Got URN also. At the end, the payment was not successful. I tried to apply again. It says already exists. How to do the payment to the same URN or how to cancel the URN ? Write Answer
- How can i change my address in aadhar card from one state to another state? Write Answer
- Can I get refund for the deduction of amount when I requested to update address but it got rejected by UIDAI ? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Jean at Adventus Canada immigration
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.