Do I need NOC to sell my bike within the State itself? My Bike is registered at Gurgaon RTO and buyer is at Sonipat.

Ravi Ravi
Answered on September 11,2019

Every state has multiple RTOs. If you sell your vehicle outside the jurisdiction of RTO where it is registered, but within the state itself, then you need to obtain No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the RTO where your vehicle is registered. So in this case, you need to get NOC as vehicle is registered at Gurgaon and buyer is at Sonipat. Name of the new owner will be recorded in the certificate of registration, only after obtaining the NOC.

You need to submit the following documents to obtain the NOC.

  • Form 28 (Form of application for ‘No Objection Certificate and grant of Certificate)

  • Form 34 (in the case of vehicle subject to an agreement of hire purchase/lease/hypothecation)

  • Registration Certificate

  • Insurance Certificate

  • Evidence of payment of road tax up-to-date (Where no tax is payable for a certain period, a certificate from the tax collecting authority that no tax is due from the vehicle for the said period)

You will receive NOC along with the updated RC book in speed post within 3–4 weeks.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question


Sarthi Parivahan Sewa 2024- Driving License, Vehicle Information

The Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) has been instrumental in automating more than 1300 Road Transport Offices (RTOs) nationwide. These RTOs issue essential documents, inclu..
  Click here to get a detailed guide