Answered on August 21,2019
If police verification doesnt happen , then you need to wait for some time.
Please refer the table below to determine the time required for issuing Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) in various cases:
|S.No.||Police Verification Report (PVR)/ Observation in System||Service Levels|
|1.||Police Verification Report in respect of the existing passport is clear and there is no subsequent adverse entry in the system||Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) will be issued on the same day at PSK|
|Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) will be issued only after completion of police verification process. After PVR is received, Passport Office (PO) will inform the applicant through e-mail/ letter. Applicant needs to come to the Passport Office (PO) with his/her passport to collect Police Clearance Certificate (PCC). Country for which Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) is being issued will be stamped on the passport.|
Answered on August 21,2019
You need to check the reason forobjection. If it was due to failure of police verification or improper documentation, etc. you can correct the mistake and apply again. If the reasons are not clear, you can write to the RPO or visit RPO or register a grievance.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
Tweet this question to the Government
How to get Passport in India? - Online Application, Police Verification,Tracking & DeliveryA passport is a travel document, usually issued by a country's government to its citizens, that certifies the identity and nationality of its holder primarily for the purpose of internationa..
Click here to get a detailed guide
- Can I cancel my passport application when it's on hold? Write Answer
- At the time of the appointment in PSK, I didn't gave my baby's full name in the given name option. I have to add his surname. Can I add his surname while in the processing time? Write Answer
- Can I use 10th mark sheet in digilocker at the passport office? Write Answer
- What to do as I have applied for my son’s passport and got police verification done but after a month after the veriifcation the status is showing application under review at rpo? What can be done next and how? Write Answer
- I have applied for renewed passport but my application rejected in counter c & told name proof missing now I have concern is my spouse name mentioned is having some mistakes So while rebooking appointment is it possible to change or Correct it ? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
A R Ashraf
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.