Answered on September 17,2021
For change of name in existing passport, you have to apply afresh passport online (www.passportindia.gov.in) under re-issue category. The documents required are existing original passport and its copy, two public documents showing your new name, two press clippings regarding change of name.
You can also log on to www.passportindia.gov.in and see document advisor menu.
Source: This answer is curated from answers provided by various Regional Passport Offices across India.
- My passport expires last month and there is a mistake in my name. Should I apply for a new one and surrender the old one? Write Answer
- I have recently completed my btech ,now I want apply for passport should I apply as student or what option should I select? Write Answer
- How to clear criminal record in India to get PCC? Write Answer
- What are the documents require for pcc for a job in India? Write Answer
- I am 65 years old. But I do not have SSLC marks card. This is for renewal of passport. If I show any other document ie pancard, old passport, etc will it be acceptable? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
SEHEER A KADER OTTAYIL
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.