Answered on July 20,2022
If you want to know the status of your passport application then the best way to file an RTI application by paying 10 rupees.
In the Box SEARCH Public Authority please TYPE PASSPORT and select “MEA - Consular, Passport & Visa Division (CPV)”.
Then just enter your personal details so the can contact you and type the APPLICATION No. in the text box.
NOTE : Please remember that Drafting of RTI application is the most crucial part as your application would be forwarded to higher authorities so please choose your words correctly and try to ASK your queries in Point wise manner.
Also Please attach your passport appointment letter in pdf.
- How do I edit/correct the misspelling of a name on a minor's passport online application form when the payment is already processed? Write Answer
- I applied for my passport giving my in laws address as i was staying there until 2020. While applying for passport i have the same address. But now the police is creating issues since I don't stay there. What to do? Write Answer
- I received my passport today. And there is just one letter misplaced on my adress. i have to travel in one month. What to do? Write Answer
- What to do as I have lost my passport and I don't have any details about my passport? Write Answer
- Can we use adhar enrollment slip for verification of passport ? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.