Answered on January 30,2018
A long form birth certificate provides more information than a normal birth certificate (short form) in terms of the parental information of the applicant such as parent’s names, address, signatures of those present at birth etc. A long-form birth certificate is required when you
- are adopting a child abroad
- apply for dual citizenship
- move to another country
- become an executor of a foreign estate
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
- How to change name in school records in Kerala before completing 10th standard? Write Answer
- My grandfather was born in Karwar in the year 1923. So, if I want to search for the birth certificate how to do it and which office do I need to do a follow-up? Write Answer
- I was born at Tambaram Railway colony on 1958 at home. But my birth was not registered. How can I get birth certificate now? Write Answer
- I have a hand-written birth certificate and need a digitalized (digitally signed) version. I live out of Karnataka. What would be the process and required documents? Also, can this be done online? Write Answer
- Kayse download karen apna brith certificate. mere pas registration number nahi hai. Me Uttar Pradesh se hum. Write Answer
Top contributors this week
PGN Property Management
A R Ashraf
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.