Answered on January 28,2020
If you remember your birth certificate registration number, you can submit an application form to get a new birth certificate from the Kolkata Municipal Corporation (KMC) office based on the registration number.
If you don't remember your registration number, follow the below steps to get the registration number.
Visit the Birth Search portal in West Bengal.
Enter Father's and Mother's name.
Enter Date of Birth.
Click on Submit.
If the birth is recorded, then you can see the following details about your child.
- I am from West Bengal. How can I correct my name on my childbirth certificate? It's a minor mistake in my name. Write Answer
- I live in West Bengal. I have lost my birth certificate. My certificate wasn't government-registered. How can I get the birth certificate? Write Answer
- My daughter birth date is on 15/01/2015 at Ramkrishna Sishumangol Seva Pratisthan. I didn't collect my daughter's birth certificate. How can I get my daughter's birth certificate? Write Answer
- How much time will it take to get a birth certificate in West Bengal from the time of application? Write Answer
- I was born in the year 1987 at CHITTARANJAN SEVA SADAN hospital in Kolkata. I do not have any birth certificate or hospital documents. How do I apply or get a birth certificate from KMC? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
MIVA Real Estate
Start Any Business
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.